hijacked my husbands account to ask a serious question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You would be very hard pressed to find any child under five that could actuate the slide on a 1911. The only problem with that logic is still going to be that any firearm should be considered loaded for obvious reasons.

This is absolutely right. I should have thought of that before I acted on my instinct to help a brotha out. Leaving a gun out where a kid can get to it (leaving the drawer open, for chrissakes) should earn you an ass-chewing.

benjamin-benjamin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am new to OSA, but not new to guns, law enforcement or kids and I must say that the vast majority of what I am reading on here is the most obsurd and stupid comments I have heard for alleged knowledgeable and responsible gun owners. A 18 month old might not be able to chamber and fire a 1911, but what about a two year old, or three, etc? What about when he "thinks" he unchambered the weapon but was mistaken? Come on guys, lets use our head we can be "ready" and SAFE at the same time. I carry a weapon everyday and the first thing I do when I get home is take it off and put it up in a safe locked box in the top of the closet. I can guarantee you that if someone breaks into my home at night I can have that gun out in a matter of seconds. Our children are our greatest resource and as a parent they should be our greatest asset so to be careless, stupid or whatever in place of thier safety is stupid.

no kidding, i think it is funny the congresswoman got ripped for pointing a gun at a reporter, even though the gun couldn't go off because she didn't have her finger on the trigger... i guess if there is anything this thread has taught us is like most of our real life laws that people try to change or say they don't apply to them, gun "laws" are the same
1. All guns are always loaded (well not when my kid is playing with it, i mean if someone else says the gun is unloaded don't trust them, but when i say it, it is true, so this law is technically true, but just doesn't apply to me, because i have never made a mistake in my life)

got to love all the rationalizing on this thread

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This is the only reason I didn't have kids. I don't want them jacking with my stuff!

Kidding!!! (kinda) :D

"Get your own gun you little kid! That's MINE!!!"

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well the situation has been resolved. A fellow OSA'r loaned me a small pistol safe to use until we go buy an actual safe. Had planned on finishing my 10/22 this time but looks like a safe now. Personally I prefer the safe anyways.

As far as the chamber not loaded, I don't care if it was or not, i made a HUGE mistake even leavin the gun in that area. I learned my lesson and I have fixed it. Now lets just hope the boys in blue don't come out tonight.....my wife is a dispatcher for the local PD :ooh2: she may send em out to teach me a lesson HAHAHAHA

BrandonMF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep my gun on my bedside table locked and loaded while my little cousin runs around the house and it's been that way since she was 10 months old and she's now almost three.

You know how I keep her from blowing her head off, while still having a readily accessible firearm if I need it?

I close my door, bro, and if I'm not home and it's not on my belt then it is in the safe, because if it's not loaded or on my belt, I obviously don't need it out period. But at the same time, if it's not readily accessible, I don't need a gun period.

Then again, I was raised the same way, with Mommy/Daddy room being the no-no room. because my dad had loaded firearms in his room.

Also, if your wifes idea of civil discourse is shaming you in public before your peers, may I suggest marriage counseling over firearms training?

idk why people act like it's so hard to keep firearms away from children. Hide the frickin' gun, don't let the kid see it or know of it's existence until they're old enough to understand, and then show them the devastating effects a firearm can have. Don't allow them into the areas where the gun can be accessed. Beat hell out of 'em for going in there if they do. Don't lock away your guns so that you're defenseless, learn to control your child. That's the first step to gunproofing your kids right there.

My father kept his guns in the corner of his closet, cruiser ready, and I nor my siblings never touched them without him being there because we were raised not to.

If you're not willing to do that, though, then yes a gunsafe is the best, quickest, most responsible fix.

Spec ops Grunt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, if you can't afford a biometric or quick open safe, at the Coweta Wal-mart we have one that uses a key to open in sporting goods. Have him put the key on his Car keychain so he won't leave it there.

I work in sporting goods at the Coweta walmart on nights from Wednesday to Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom