hijacked my husbands account to ask a serious question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gun001guns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a police officer with the State of OKlahoma and have small children. The worst thing I ever have seen in my life was a four year old boy who shot himself with his fathers glock. Child died to day the least. It was a senseless death that could have and should have been avoid. The worst thing a parent could go through in my opinion on a personal level, but also would likely face criminal neglence charges. I have small children and I keep mine in a locked box in a high safe place.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wanna know why you let your wife hi-jack your OSA account... You'll get your man-card stripped for that.

I wanna know why she wasn't tending to the kid or baking

(I know this will be deleted but couldn't resist)

I will take his side overall and say over reacted to situation as it is. Don't put what if's in there. What is reality. worst that would or could have happened was the kid smacking itself in the face with the 1911. Battle scars at a young age FTW

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
how many AD/ND threads on the internet start with phrases like "I'm always good at making sure the gun is unloaded, but this time i obviously didn't" or something like that.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Solution:

1. Wear gun when awake.

2. Put gun in nightstand when sleeping.

3. Put gun where child cannot access it when you are not home.

Am I missing something? Seems a fairly easy one to figure out without a 3 page thread on the innerwebz. In grandma's day, husbands and wives had to figure this stuff out all by their lonesome by talking to each other IRL and stuff.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When grandkids come over, guns go in the safe for the duration. Even if they are here a week.

If I had kids around full time, the gun would be either on my person or in a finger operated gun vault. Mine are chamber loaded at all times too.

Even with a 1911, you can never assume the chamber is always going to be empty. People sometimes forget.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
replace gun with chainsaw.

Nah ... I don't let GC bring his chainsaw in the house. Too smelly ... btw ... welcome to OSA!! The guys here are a bit crass sometimes but you won't find a finer bunch of guys. Hope you hang around a while ... Get K to take you to the range and learn about what you have. It will help ... A LOT ... and you guys will get some quality time together too!!

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a police officer with the State of OKlahoma and have small children. The worst thing I ever have seen in my life was a four year old boy who shot himself with his fathers glock. Child died to day the least. It was a senseless death that could have and should have been avoid. The worst thing a parent could go through in my opinion on a personal level, but also would likely face criminal neglence charges. I have small children and I keep mine in a locked box in a high safe place.

Sorry you had to see that man. Very terrible thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom