Hogs west of Stillwater!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well makes me sick to my stomach, but got a picture of two hogs on my game camera west of Stillwater. We are a couple miles south of 51 and a few miles east of 35.

I knew it would come someday, but I certainly dread them showing up. Needless to say ALL hunters on my place have been informed to shoot with extreme prejudice if they see one.

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Pesky vermin! Are these cams over feed or on trails? Maybe they will vanish on their own as quickly as they appeared.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, that was directed towards Bassin... he always seems to have those good lookin spotted pigs that I like so much. Spots make good targets!

"Certainly feral..." that reminds me of something interesting I read recently on how to tell the difference between a domestic hog vs a hybrid (of Russian or Eurasian descent). This is a direct quote from texasboars.com. http://www.texasboars.com/articles/aging.html

[Broken External Image]

"The tooth in the picture to the left is not used in the aging process. Not all hogs will have this tooth. Only Hybrid Wild Boar will have this tooth. Hybrid is a cross breed between domestic hogs and the Eurasian Hog (Russian Boar). Domestic hogs or domestic feral hogs will not have this tooth."

I went back and looked at a couple of skulls I had boiled out and saved. One had the tooth, one did not. Remembering the hogs, they had a very distinct features that makes me think there is some truth to it, but I cannot guarantee it is a fact.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack thread, it just triggered something in my Cliff Clavin useless fact memory.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Roos7a, i didnt have any black and white spotted hogs this go. I honestly will have to look at pics. It was 10:00 last night when we got in em and I butchered 4 hogs last night in a rain showers. I am thinking one was brown and 3 black with slight variations of darkness of color.

Latest posts

Top Bottom