Holiday deer hunt?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian D

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
anybody gonna go fill a doe tag? My family and I are going saturday.We hunt northern seq. cnty.We are over run with does ,so we are gonna try to help thin em down.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
anybody gonna go fill a doe tag? My family and I are going saturday.We hunt northern seq. cnty.We are over run with does ,so we are gonna try to help thin em down.

Good for you!!
Our hunting area is so overrun with does, it makes hunting for a good buck almost impossible. Second rut will start this week. Its not as intense as the main rut, but some of the does will get bred. Good luck! Let us know how you did:D

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think thats a great thing that the ODW has let us do.
A hunter that didn't get a gun season buck can still get one with a bow, and if I'm not wrong, I can take a turkey with the bow untill Dec 31?

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think thats a great thing that the ODW has let us do.
A hunter that didn't get a gun season buck can still get one with a bow, and if I'm not wrong, I can take a turkey with the bow untill Dec 31?

Archery Turkey is open until Jan 15.

Yeah I thing we're real fortunate to have the seasons we do. I'm more of a bow hunter anyway, but we need to get rid of some does so bad, I'm willing to pick up the rifle to get r done.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Archery Turkey is open until Jan 15.

Yeah I thing we're real fortunate to have the seasons we do. I'm more of a bow hunter anyway, but we need to get rid of some does so bad, I'm willing to pick up the rifle to get r done.

We are tagged out on the DMAP, so I'll set up now where I might get to take a turkey. Its either sex in this county, but if given an opportunity, I'll only take a shot at a tom. Its either sex according to the regs, but I guess I'm still old school on this and shouldn't be.

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend of a friend and I plan to go out to his Perry lease Friday morning with plans of taking out at least a doe each, maybe some geese or ducks, which ever get jumped off the two ponds. Guess, I'll take the crossbow, in case a P&Y or turkey shows up.

The next two weekends provide a great opportunity to hunt. We can take:
deer (guns for does or sticks for bucks), turkey (sticks), ducks, geese, sand hill crane, bobcats, coyotes, foxes, rabbit, squirrel, coon, crow. Did I miss anything?

If I don't see one of these animals I ... I ... I will be very surprised.

Dreaming Man
:osu

Latest posts

Top Bottom