Holiday deer hunt?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrTurkenstein

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, any of y'all want to adopt a 37 boy for a weekend father/son doe hunt to thin the herd? I won't even mind if I'm older than my adoptive dad. I hunt Fort Sill and it's archery only for the rest of the year.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The next two weekends provide a great opportunity to hunt. We can take:
deer (guns for does or sticks for bucks), turkey (sticks), ducks, geese, sand hill crane, bobcats, coyotes, foxes, rabbit, squirrel, coon, crow. Did I miss anything?

If I don't see one of these animals I ... I ... I will be very surprised.

Dreaming Man
:osu

Rail, galinule?

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bucks and ducks. No does :( Will give it another shot this w/e and maybe this Wednesday.

The next two weekends provide a great opportunity to hunt. We can take:
deer (guns for does or sticks for bucks), turkey (sticks), ducks, geese, sand hill crane, bobcats, coyotes, foxes, rabbit, squirrel, coon, crow. Did I miss anything?

If I don't see one of these animals I ... I ... I will be very surprised.

Dreaming Man
:osu

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
what is dmap

DMAP(deer managment assistance program) is an area where a land owner, or land owners with enough property, and have a over population of does, can work with the ODW to try and get the buck to doe ratio back to the preferred 1 to 1.
In the fall, around Sept., spotlight surveys are taken to determine the deer population, and the results given to the ODW biologist to analyze. They come back with recomendations for harvesting a certain number of deer. It doesn't happen in one season, and takes years to gently get the herd back in to a good healthy population.
I hunt on a DMAP, and have been for 6 years now. We are making gains, and the landowner I hunt on is committed to getting the herd where it belongs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom