Holster suggestions for S&W Shield/1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for suggestions for a CC holster for my S&W Shield. I've never bought a "good" holster, only been carrying for a year or so; been using just a cheap Uncle Mike's soft holster, but I know there's a better way :). Any and all opinions welcome! And while yall are at it, I'd be glad to hear any suggestions for a 5" 1911 as well (Taurus PT 1911 w/out rail). Thanks ahead of time!

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Check out Wright Leather Works. I have three of their holsters and I like them a lot.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 154
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 173

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't really decided yet Charlie. Sure would like to find a place with a decent selection of holsters and be able to try some IWB vs OWB on to see which I might prefer, even if it wasn't the exact one for my gun.

CharlieWH2O

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good luck with the selection thing. I carry a M&P 40c in a Comp Tac Two O'Clock appendix carry IWB. It also allows me to tuck the shirt over the holster. Armordillo Concealment also sells a nice tuckable Kydex holster as does Tucker Gun Leather in leather and kydex. I like the two o'clock carry with all. Pretty much anything you get will take some getting used to. A big gun show may be your best bet for selection.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many here will agree with me when I say that choosing the right weapon is a helluva lot easier than choosing the right holster. :ugh2:

After 25 years of totin' a pistol, I still haven't found THE perfect holster. :rolleyes2

Latest posts

Top Bottom