House Sparrows

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This might help a little.

Birdwatchinghq - Stop House Sparrows

The title is misleading as the article clearly states that one might "control" them, but not be able to rid oneself of them.
Sounds familiar in todays time..

• They are an invasive species. Originally from the Middle East, they are highly adaptable and have inhabited every corner of Planet Earth, usually close to humans.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Used to try and shoot them in the chicken yard at my Aunt and Uncle's house when I was a kid. They would eat the chicken scratch feed as fast as they could and be gone.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's what we did when I was a kid, but it was with a cardboard box with a brick on top to make it fall faster. Reach into the top and release the good birds and feed the sparrows to our dogs.
Edit: when in Italy on the company dime, Sparrow was on the menu. Two days notice if wanting some for dinner.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you modified your Bug Assault? I have, now it is simply pump and shoot! No Hillary Safety Switch! I have a blast with it!
One of the best fun things to use in the outdoors. I have the laser on mine as well. How do your get rid of the liberal switch?
Edit: I use kosher salt in mine. It's more coarse than table salt. I like to think it's a "magnum" load. :laugh6:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom