House Sparrows

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Used to try and shoot them in the chicken yard at my Aunt and Uncle's house when I was a kid. They would eat the chicken scratch feed as fast as they could and be gone.
Dad told me a penny for a sparrow bounty. I went into the chicken house and closed the door behind me for a week. I showed dad three buckets of sparrows and made $3.00. Didn't even make a dent.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No I havent, do tell me how

I just drilled a tiny hole and a tiny screw with Super Glue! Holds it. Back and allows for No Hillary Safety! Way faster on follow up shots! LOL! My wife found one of these at a garage sale, I thought it was a silly joke!

But damn that thing is a blast!

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an old fence charger that does not pulsate and it will zap you even if you jump off the ground and grab it.
Can't figure that one out.
I hooked my Fluke 87 to it to test the voltage and smoke came out of the Fluke.

I had to peel many birds off of it.
They would land on it and ZAP they ended up hanging upside down.

So your problem got me thinking..can you hook some electricity to the feeder and flip a switch when the sparrows are on it and zap them all to their death.

:)
Or maybe some remote fired something above the feeder that you can trigger while watching the birds.
Straight down shot into the ground.

Latest posts

Top Bottom