Houston... We have a problem.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just noticed the plumber we had out here a few months ago left a piece of the skirting of our house laying on the ground under the front deck. It's difficult to see unless you're looking directly under there.

Unfortunately, the neighborhood skunk must've been looking directly under there. For the last two nights one of my Corgis has been going batty about something under the deck. Tonight I saw it. Hoping it was a possum. Nope.

Now what?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Put a security camera on the hole to watch the comings and goings. It's mating season so there may be two......or more.
Once your secure in the knowledge that they are all out of the hole, seal it up. Good cam with night vision for $39 on amazon. Just needs wifi and an app to monitor. Don't shoot. They will spray. Live trap works.
https://www.amazon.com/WYZE-Monitor...v3&qid=1653620878&sprefix=wyze,aps,293&sr=8-4

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
skunk-cute-animals.gif

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL, had a friend with a pet skunk way back in the day. Had the scent glands removed by a vet.
He ran a local Yamaha Motorcycle business. If some tire kickers were in there to jaw and not buy, his dad would let the pet skunk out of the office. Didn't take long for them to vacate the premises.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Problem solved. I've already mentioned how I don't like to kill animals just because they're doing what they naturally do. I felt I didn't have a choice. Don't want my dogs getting sprayed or catching some disease.

About an hour after I found it I went out to check the yard. Yep...she (I think) was out there wandering around. Head shot with the 11-87 worked...no scent at all. I feel bad about doing it but I felt it was best for my dogs. Thanks for the advice and PMs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom