How are your savings?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is the amount you have saved gone up or down since 2020?

• Up

Votes: 45 62.5%
  • Down

Votes: 27 37.5%

• Total voters

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have some savings. 0 debt. And in 2020 I bought a years worth of food (rice, beans, oats) because my government behaved like a bunch of tyrants and I wasn’t sure if we’d exist as a civilized nation into 2021.
This is us. We stocked up on long term food in 2020 and 2021. I saw things that would make your hair stand on end toward November 2020. Scared me into being a prepper. I got more bullets, beans, and bandaids than my grandkids could ever eat, shoot and scrape. We also have zero debt and we're working hard to make sure our kids are debt free too.

Grandkids are getting to the age of debt now so we're trying to school them too. So far so good, but Satan works hard to get you wrapped up in credit card debt, especially when you're young.

Our savings are down about 5k since June. Just spent 1200 with a member here on some beef to fill a freezer and feed the kids too, but I consider that more prepping.

We put another 60k into investments this year that are paying off well. Lot of work left to do, but hoping to leave a good comfortable legacy for the kids and grandkids to mess up.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is us. We stocked up on long term food in 2020 and 2021. I saw things that would make your hair stand on end toward November 2020. Scared me into being a prepper. I got more bullets, beans, and bandaids than my grandkids could ever eat, shoot and scrape. We also have zero debt and we're working hard to make sure our kids are debt free too.

Grandkids are getting to the age of debt now so we're trying to school them too. So far so good, but Satan works hard to get you wrapped up in credit card debt, especially when you're young.

Our savings are down about 5k since June. Just spent 1200 with a member here on some beef to fill a freezer and feed the kids too, but I consider that more prepping.

We put another 60k into investments this year that are paying off well. Lot of work left to do, but hoping to leave a good comfortable legacy for the kids and grandkids to mess up.
We could start a whole new thread on this, but the spiritual warfare aspect going on in society is almost tangible.

My only thing is I wish we had a fresh water well. We are on rural water and I hate relying on water from someone else. We have chickens so plenty of eggs. One thing I’d like to get is a generator for the house. But smaller generators will work for keeping fridge and freezers going. Have our steer scheduled to butcher next month!

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We're doing okay. Just waiting on Grumpy to hit 67 so he can stop working and stay home with me. ☺ Bless his heart, he was so sure he was gonna die before he hit 50 (every man in his family before him and his brother had died at 50 or before) that the last 9 years have been an adjustment for him. 🙄 Silly fella ...
Must be YOU keepin' him alive....

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everything is good here in Lincoln county. I didn't work, scrimp and save just to let the government fuk me in my retirement years. Pardon my language but I can't help it when I say something about those jackasses. I recommend vaccum packing and mason jars instead of coffee cans to keep your greenbacks fresh.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom