How are your savings?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is the amount you have saved gone up or down since 2020?

• Up

Votes: 45 62.5%
  • Down

Votes: 27 37.5%

• Total voters

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We could start a whole new thread on this, but the spiritual warfare aspect going on in society is almost tangible.

My only thing is I wish we had a fresh water well. We are on rural water and I hate relying on water from someone else. We have chickens so plenty of eggs. One thing I’d like to get is a generator for the house. But smaller generators will work for keeping fridge and freezers going. Have our steer scheduled to butcher next month!
have you checked into a sand point for the well? won't work everywhere but work good if conditions are ok

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
we always just drove them. but that jetter might be a worth a try. note----- a sand point works best or only if the strata is sandy or gravel. and generally shallow wells. you can only pull a column of water about 32 feet.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our savings is down right now. I need to get more disciplined and start thinking about saving more for retirement too.

Ugh but I’m feeling this inflation! Things are so expensive nowadays. Especially if ya wanna have some fun too
Yep. Blows my mind. We used to do a $400 trip every two weeks and that would fill the fridge and cupboards. Now we’re doing $350 every two weeks and it’s the bare minimum

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
have you checked into a sand point for the well? won't work everywhere but work good if conditions are ok

While these will provide water, the water most likely is un drinkable. You will be drinking surface water at best. Be careful with these shallow wells. Sterilize the water out of them.

Last edited:

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We strive to live as debt free as possible. Did a 15yr mortgage when we bought the house, not a 30. Drive older vehicles I can repair myself. Keep some savings on hand. Wife and I just both naturally gravitate towards a Dave Ramsey type approach to finances…

That being said I also think it’s important to live a little and spend money too! My super financially disciplined strict budget type friends and family are usually the most boring to be around. Haha! So painfully practical to the point of being lame.

Now on the other hand the friend with the wakesurf boat, fast truck, turbo SXS and ATVs for the dunes, etc… that SOB is fun to hang out with lol

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Excess household savings have fallen the last 23 months. The FED is saying that savings dropped from 2.1 trillion in 2021 to 190 billion in July and is falling 100 billion a month.

Savings will be depleted by the end of September.

How are yours?

Mine are up because I'm not contributing to any equity positions and I'm just sticking more cash in savings. Don't trust the economy until a Republican is in the office.

Latest posts

Top Bottom