How Did You Meet Your Significant Other?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimeradams

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I met my wife through my sister! They were best buds and invited my to come to a screening of the first Porky's film with them. It's been downhill ever since lol! We celebrated our 30th anniversary on 12-11-12!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Amen sister, I'm right there with you. I love my wife, but the lovely Mrs #4 is most likely the last 'wife' I will ever have. The job is just too demanding sometimes, even though it does have many rewards. But, seriously, to be honest, sometimes I day dream about it just being me and my dog and my other little critters. I really think me and the dog would not miss anyone as long as we had something good to eat, a warm place to sleep, and a bigazzed TV to watch.

Oh man ... I FEEL ya!! :wink2: I've never been much of a people person anyway -- I'm pretty sure the fact that I don't play well with others creates more of a problem for GC than it does for me. GC is definitely my last serious relationship.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If we're going to keep this thread going, I'm going to need a stronger definition of "significant" and "other"...

Parameters around whether or not a sammich was included would also be helpful.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow lots of great stories in here, you can truly meet that special person anywhere. A lot of this stories happen to be chance events as well which is pretty cool.

flashover08

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dated my wife in high school and got married right after I grageated been married now just a little over 38 years this last October and love her more now than I ever have
Have A Great Day
flashover08
}><}}};> JOHN 3:16 <;{{{><{

KilkennyArms

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Online group we were both a part of for years but it wasn't a dating site per-se. I wrote her an E-mail. She took 2 WEEKS to answer. lol We started chating online. Talked on the phone for a couple of weeks. Decided to meet at the Movies. There was something to do if we didn't want to talk much. If we liked each other we would go to dinner. We went to dinner, dated 1 year, Engaged 1 year, married in 2005. Still married and plan on being together until the end.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fixed it for ya.

Says the hopeless romantic swooning at QuickTrip.

I don't mean this in a bad way, but the stories I hear/read of people meeting someone and then moving in together or getting married in a matter of a couple months or even a couple weeks are hard for me to wrap my head around. Maybe I'm just too stuck-up and unromantic, but man, I spend more time than that researching a new pair of hunting boots before making a purchase. I get antsy if the girl I'm dating spends more than 2 nights a week at my house, or starts leaving toiletries and junk here. HEY YOU DON'T LIVE HERE WHAT IS THIS DID YOU FORGET THIS?

No seriously, I love GC but sometimes I miss the peace and quiet that comes with being single.

Gonna be really hard for me to ever give this up. I wish things never had to progress past the "you spend 2-3 nights a week here, and the rest of the week at your place" phase. I would so take a wife if I could hire one part-time/seasonally. Sorry, we just aren't busy enough to put anyone on full-time.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom