How Far Can The Pokes Go

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been an OSU fan from when they were still A&M. I am used to being disappointed. I figured going in to the TCU game it would be a tough game to win. Of all the things that I did not agree with, my biggest problem was with clock management in the 4th quarter.
I wanted to see the Cowboys take most of the play clock between plays but they kept snapping with 20 (or more) seconds left. In particular, late in the 4th with the cowboys deep in their own end of the field they had a series that 1st down was a weakly thrown pass out of bounds to avoid a sack (almost no time off the clock) then 2nd was a "pass" into a mass of linemen just in front of Sanders (almost no clock run off) and then a 1 yard loss for Sanders.
It would have been better for them to take a knee on 1st, 2nd and 3rd down then punt. At least some clock would have run giving TCU less time to come back.
I had no aspiration of a season without a loss and think we will lose 2 or 3 more at least, depending on injuries for us and the opponents.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Posted this in another thread earlier.
“Pokes did not play well. Sanders was off target all day; mostly short. Some really poor tackling. Quite a few dropped passes.
Typical Poke game when they get ahead. They always retract their fangs. That’s my only Gundy complaint. It’s been his trademark.
TCU played well. They deserved to win, as it played out. They should’ve never had the chance!”
Defense could have been better, but it should have never fallen on their shoulders!
Totally agree. they get ahead and then go conservative.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
No that far it seems. Another year of disappointment for this OSU fan. Hoping we can win out and at least not suck as bad as OU.

jackary

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If we keep playing like we did yesterday we are done for the year. That was embarrassing. I am getting frustrated with lack of adjustments from coaching staff. That being said I won’t stop cheering for the cowboys, lifetime OSU fan and third generation OSU grad.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I fear that the worst result from the K State game will be the injuries. Can't understand why Sanders was still playing when it was 41-0 late in 4th quarter.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wasn't able to watch most of the game due to a lot of crap going on that needed my attention so not even sure what the main reasons for the loss were. Guess it doesn't matter. My biggest concern is what is OSU going to do next year for a quality QB? Gundy may have a good arm but just is not as mobile as what is required in todays FBS teams that want to be successful. OSU needs a kid like Caleb Williams, Adrian Martinez or the like. White dude, black dude, I don't care as long as he can throw and move. THat is not Gundy. OSU O-line will never be that good where they will have success with a pure pocket passer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom