How many hours per week do you work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many hours a week do you work? Average over 4 weeks.

• Work? What's that??? Obama pays my bills!

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • < 20

Votes: 8 4.5%
  • 20-39

• 40-50

Votes: 74 41.8%
  • 50-60

Votes: 39 22.0%
  • 60+

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • 80+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Money has never motivated me. Whenever I get to thinking about moving, I pull up home sale prices/rent prices elsewhere and I'm all like 'oh yeah, stuff costs actual money in other places'.

Great minds think alike even though in different times.

I was jerked out of Ok by being drafted into the military at 19 yrs old. Getting out, I had an option to ship my meger belongings in a 90 lb weight limit to anywhere in the US I wanted.

I knew from past experiences, that the "quality of life" far exceeds a good life.

Having been stationed at different times in NJ, KY, TN, CA, and KS, I chose to come right back to OK.

I knew a lot of people. My lifetime passion of hunting and fishing cannot be surpassed anywhere else. For years, there was enough money to enjoy life while raising the kids, and have been rewarded by one of my sons sending me pics of his kids fishing this last weekend, and giving suggestions to get them new fishing poles and tackle for Christmas.

All of this relates to the hours on the job worked.
Over the years, I've volunteered for every hour overtime that I can get. Every dime goes back to the "quality of life" and not to trying to impress the neighbors. Every dime has been spent on extra's for the kids, now the grandkids, all the time putting some away to make sure the quality of life for them and us keeps on the same track.

5MinuteMajor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Government Contractor, in a Union position. So I've worked 40 hours per week consistently for about 8 years now. I can probably count on one hand the amount of overtime I've had in that time.

6shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like Lurker66. I also work 0 unless the wife has something for me to do which seems to be all the time. Of course the pay sucks but the rewards are great. Yes honey dinner is almost ready -LOL-.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am a 5th Grade Special Education Teacher here in Moore Schools. so 180 contract days a year. 6.75 hours a day. by school standards!

BUT really I work probably 50-60 hours a week (lesson planning, meetings, ect) and that's probably correct on the number of days! LOL.

But I ABSOLUTELY LOVE WHAT I DO!!!!!!!!!!

Somedays I feel like I should pay to be this happy!

I need a job I truly love.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
what do all of you do that you work 12 hour days??

Website development and hosting. The hosting part sometimes eats into my allotted sleep hours because I'm the only one on pager duty until I grow enough to hire others to handle support. Of course, if I wasn't such a data nerd, I'd probably get a little more sleep, but I just got centralized logging going and every time I add another server to the centralized logging system its like another nerdgasm in nerdvana.

The website development eats into my allotted sleep hours because I let it. In terms of supply and demand, its a very, very demand-heavy market right now. And I've gotten to where I just do the dev work that I like, which is largely data management and manipulations as well as projects that others have said are impossible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom