How many of you guys eat Sushi?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ate some sashimi while drunk out of my mind back in the service. Them bar girls can talk you into a lot of strange things, like eating sashimi and boiled peanuts.

Since then I use it for bait as God intended.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Growing up (somewhat) in So Cal in the 70's ... my late brother and I know this amazing sushi bar and they offered an "All You Can Eat" for $20. After about an hour, the owner ... a small Japanese fellow ... came over to our table, pointed to me and said, "You Walrus! You go ... NOW!" and kicked us out.

A few years ago, I met the guy (I think his name was Hank Johnson) who owned Buy 4 Less and Uptown Grocery. I had tried the sushi at Uptown and it was pretty good so I mentioned this to him. He said that he (from So Cal as well) wanted to have not just the best sushi in OKC but in the entire state if not the country. Went through the effort to get fish flown in fresh to do it. He has since sold to Pruett's ... sushi is "good" but not what it used to be.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hadn't tried Sushi until I started making trips to San Francisco for work in the late 90's. My friends there ate Sushi for lunch every day. I learned what I liked by sampling what they ordered. Even went to China Town for a Sushi Bar that the plates floated by on boats.

But the best Sushi I ever found was at The Sushi Den in Denver. They flew their fish in from Japan regularly on United Airlines, Tokyo to Denver flights. Their Rocky Mountain Roll (Smoked Trout) and a Sapporo are hard to beat!

Latest posts

Top Bottom