How many of you guys have been tazed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For FFA initiation night, we had a wet hay bale with wires from a fence charger going to two nails on a wooden board and then over to the bottom of the bale. The spark was bridging the gap between the nails to show the Greenhand the charger was working. SNAP! SNAP! SNAP! SNAP! SNAP!

The object of the game was to pick up the bale and hold it for 5 seconds. The kids were rocking back and forth trying to time their grab or the baling wires to get the least amount of shocks.

No one knew the wires weren't attached to the bale.

We actually had fun in school.
Similar story.
I had a beagle dog that was an escape artist. It was a dirt floor dog pen with a 6' chain link fence around it, buried a foot deep. Dog discovered she could burrow under the fence pretty quick.
After a week or so, someone would catch her and look at my name and phone number on her collar, giving me a call to pick her up.
So I put a hot wire around the bottom of the fence. Worked for a month or so, until she discovered she could climb that chain link fence like it was flat ground, over the top and hit the ground running. After the call and picking her up again, put more hot wire around the top.
Patted myself on the back figuring I'd won. Nope. A while later she was gone and the fence was hot.
Long story short, she could hear the charger on the other side of the wall clicking and somehow associated it with how the hot wire operated. There was a knot hole in the wall, so when getting her back and putting her back into the pen, I sat at the knot hole in the shop building and watched. Didn't take her long to climb in that corner, sit there moving back and forth with the clicking of the charger(old style) and making the last climb over the top.
Meanwhile one Saturday afternoon, hear some kid screaming for bloddy murder in the back yard, so hopped up and ran outside. Both of my sons and one of their buddies had the new kid on the block in a human chain with my son holding the hot wire, and passing the shock down. Only the last person gets hit. Everyone in-between feels nothing.
Just knew I was going to get sued so played really nice with the kid and disciplined mine in front of him.
A few days later, I hear some kid screaming bloody murder and run outside.
New kid on the block had some other kid getting hit while he held the hotwire. Had to take it down and put a chicken wire cover over the dog pen. Actually, think it's illegal to run a hotwire in the city limits?

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My brother used to light me up with the cattle prod pretty regularly when Daddy wasn't looking. Then he'd say "Oh!! Sorry, didn't see you there and the cow moved too fast." 🙄🙄🙄

One day he popped me square in the chest, between my boobs. 🤬 I waited until he thought I was over it and then I caught him out in the barn by himself. I caught him in a tight spot and lit him up. Apparently zippers make it worse ... 🤷🤷I wouldn't know.

What I do know is I tried really hard to keep that cattle prod on him until the batteries ran out of juice. 😂😂😂 He swore I'd "damaged" him. 😂😂😂 But he NEVER shocked me again. 😁 And I guess he might be right about messing him up. He never had kids. 🤔🤭🤭🤭 (Don't feel bad for him. He is a drunk *******. If he had spawned those poor kids wouldn't have had a snowball's chance in hell.)

Not pepper sprayed directly but caught a snout full of overspray. Good grief. Lol My nose was still running 3 days later. That stuff was HORRIBLE.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ohhh.. been there done that. nothing like finding yourself no longer on the ladder the first time wondering why the floor smells like toast lol.
Exactly, and why you new pair of lineman's has a nice hole burnt in them. Seriously 120 I could handle ok but that 277 hurt.

Still better then one idiot carpenter on an apartment complex job down in TX years ago. I saw him try to reset the link in a transformer with his claw hammer. If the handle had been wood or fiberglass maybe, but not a steel handle with a "cushion grip" ie, rubber with little holes in it. He was extra crispy before it was done with him. My boss had let everyone know that section would be without power for a few hours but there is always some dumbie that knows better.

That whole job was cursed anyway. Several people were seriously hurt or killed on that one job site.

Last edited:

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I grew up Cow Prod fighting with 4 brothers and other youth from other farms. The old ones that you would see the arc of elect and it would send a young boy and up to a big teen to their knees. And most Prod fights led right into fist fighting.
On our southside neighborhood we used a cattle prod when we played tag. It added a little bit more excitement!

Latest posts

Top Bottom