How many of you guys have been tazed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Rasberry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I retired right before I encountered these devices.

I will though offer up an alternative viewpoint from a not so innocent bystander.

Pocket Taser Stun Gun, a great gift for the wife. This was submitted by a guy who purchased his lovely wife a "pocket Taser" for their anniversary.

Last weekend I saw something at Larry's Pistol & Pawn Shop that sparked my interest. The occasion was our 22nd anniversary and I was looking for a little something extra for my wife Toni. What I came across was a 100,000 volt, pocket/purse-sized taser. The effects of the taser were supposed to be short lived, with no long-term adverse effect on your assailant, allowing her adequate time to retreat to safety.... WAY TOO COOL!

Long story short, I bought the device and brought it home. I loaded two triple A batteries in the darn thing and pushed the button. Nothing! I was disappointed. I learned, however, that if I pushed the button AND pressed it against a metal surface at the same time; I'd get the blue arch of electricity darting back and forth between the prongs. Awesome!!! Unfortunately, I have yet to explain to Toni what that burn spot is on the face of her microwave.

Okay, so I was home alone with this new toy, thinking to myself that it couldn't be all that bad with only two triple-a batteries, right?!!!

There I sat in my recliner, my cat Gracie looking on intently (trusting little soul) while I was reading the directions and thinking that I really needed to try this thing out on a flesh & blood moving target. I must admit I thought about zapping Gracie (for a fraction of a second) and thought better of it. She is such a sweet cat. But, if I was going to give this thing to my wife to protect herself against a mugger, I did want some assurance that it would work as advertised. Am I wrong?

So, there I sat in a pair of shorts and a tank top with my reading glasses perched delicately on the bridge of my nose, directions in one hand, taser in another. The directions said that a one-second burst would shock and disorient your assailant; a two-second burst was supposed to cause muscle spasms and a major loss of bodily control; a three-second burst would purportedly make your assailant flop on the ground like a fish out of water. Any burst longer than three seconds would be wasting the batteries.

All the while I'm looking at this little device measuring about 5" long, less than 3/4 inch in circumference; pretty cute really and loaded with two itsy, bitsy triple-a batteries, thinking to myself, "no possible way!"

What happened next is almost beyond description, but I'll do my best.....

I'm sitting there alone, Gracie looking on with her head cocked to one side as to say, "don't do it master," reasoning that a one-second burst from such a tiny little ole thing couldn't hurt all that bad.. I decided to give myself a one-second burst just for the heck of it. I touched the prongs to my naked thigh, pushed the button, and HOLY MOTHER, WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION @!@$@$%!@ *!!!

I'm pretty sure Jessie Ventura ran in through the side door, picked me up in the recliner, then body slammed us both on the carpet, over and over and over again. I vaguely recall waking up on my side in the fetal position, with tears in my eyes, body soaking wet, both nipples on fire, testicles nowhere to be found, with my left arm tucked under my body in the oddest position, and tingling in my legs.

The cat was standing over me making meowing sounds I had never heard before, licking my face, undoubtedly thinking to herself, "do it again, do it again!"

Note: If you ever feel compelled to "mug" yourself with a taser, one note of caution: there is no such thing as a one-second burst when you zap yourself. You will not let go of that thing until it is dislodged from your hand by a violent thrashing about on the floor. A three second burst would be considered conservative.

SON-OF-A-..THAT HURT LIKE HELL!! A minute or so later (I can't be sure, as time was a relative thing at that point), collected my wits (what little I had left), sat up and surveyed the landscape. My bent reading glasses were on the mantel of the fireplace. How did they get up there??? My triceps, right thigh and both nipples were still twitching. My face felt like it had been shot up with Novocain, and my bottom lip weighed 88 lbs. I'm still looking for my testicles. I'm offering a significant reward for their safe return
Roflmao that made me laugh till I had tears in my eyes,btw I could have warned you about what would happen
Ask me how I know

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't been tazed yet. :) However in college my roommate brought the old school (early 90's) tazer to our room. We would place it on our forearm and squeeze the trigger until our hand made a fist.
A few years after graduation I worked at Walmart and one fell out of a lady's purse and as I picked it up to hand it back to her she advised "be careful." I let her and the other employees who gathered around that I was not scared of it. I then walked over to a chair and placed it on my leg and pulled the trigger.
After a few missed heart palpitations and immediately getting sick to my stomach I looked up and advised "this one is way stronger than the one I tried in college." 😀

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From teenager on up, I've worked on farms and saw what an electrified fence was like. My grandfather did all his fences with 12V chargers and he and I both would test a new fence by grabbing the wire with one hand and putting the fingers of the other hand down into the dirt.

Thus, I knew dang well to look where the stream was going when I took a leak.

I won't tell of the first time I went to test the fence with a 120 volt fence charger.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have, for training. By choice I took the darts rather than the clips.

. The cattle prod/handhelds are not the same thing as a taser. The teaser uses Neuro Muscular Incapacitation. It short circuits the pathway from your brain to your muscles. To me the scariest thing about being tased was that your muscles dont work, like you are trapped in your body. You can't breathe even though it is just 5 seconds. That 5 seconds was the longest 5 seconds of my life, the device cycles at several hundred times a second but I felt each one in slow motion feeling non waves go through my body making a electric "wooom" sound. Overall the experience was extremely unpleasant, but I would rather be tased than pepper sprayed. Likewise the teaser is more effective then pepper spray and there's dont have to fight a guy with pepper spray all over them. Generally anyone who has taken the ride will not want to take it again..
I still remember the COPS episode where a man was mad and bucking up getting ready to fight two police officers. After "the ride", he said, "I've been shot, and I've been stabbed, but THAT HURT!"

:laugh6: :laugh6: :laugh6:
He was as compliant as a newborn lamb after that saying yes sir and no sir and please don't do that to me again.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
From teenager on up, I've worked on farms and saw what an electrified fence was like. My grandfather did all his fences with 12V chargers and he and I both would test a new fence by grabbing the wire with one hand and putting the fingers of the other hand down into the dirt.

Thus, I knew dang well to look where the stream was going when I took a leak.

I won't tell of the first time I went to test the fence with a 120 volt fence charger.
For FFA initiation night, we had a wet hay bale with wires from a fence charger going to two nails on a wooden board and then over to the bottom of the bale. The spark was bridging the gap between the nails to show the Greenhand the charger was working. SNAP! SNAP! SNAP! SNAP! SNAP!

The object of the game was to pick up the bale and hold it for 5 seconds. The kids were rocking back and forth trying to time their grab or the baling wires to get the least amount of shocks.

No one knew the wires weren't attached to the bale.

We actually had fun in school.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got tased with one of those types,,,
That shoot two wired electrodes into your body,,,
And the shooter can zap you as many times as they want.

Hit me in the lower back,,,
Right where you would 5 O'clock carry a pistol.

The initial shock was indescribable,,,
I've come across 110 and 220 volts before,,,
This high voltage/low amperage was way much worse.

I stiffened and hit the ground like gravity was turned to "eleven",,,
Flopped like a fish when he hit me again,,,
Couldn't really do much for hours.

Soiled and wet myself almost immediately,,,
In case you are wondering,,,
It was a mugging.

In a way I'm glad the cops never found him,,,
I would have been tempted to perform a capital crime.

Nothing I've ever experienced hurt me like that taser did.

Aarond

Kinda like peein on the hidden hog wire
WHAM

Latest posts

Top Bottom