How many of you guys eat Sushi?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly every time I open a can of sardines....a waste of good fish bait. But I eat them anyway! 😁 Omega-3 you know, good for the joints! LOL

Omega 3 is also good for the eyes. When I was diagnosed with macular degeneration, I was told to eat more fish and salads. While I still don't eat a lot of either, I do take 3 fish oil tablets and 3 eye vitamin tablets a day. On January 12 at my last eye injection, the doctor looked at my scans and said that I was the "poster child" for the treatment that I'm getting. I'd venture that the fish oil and eye vitamins are contributing to that good news.

Hank5366

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Omega 3 is also good for the eyes. When I was diagnosed with macular degeneration, I was told to eat more fish and salads. While I still don't eat a lot of either, I do take 3 fish oil tablets and 3 eye vitamin tablets a day. On January 12 at my last eye injection, the doctor looked at my scans and said that I was the "poster child" for the treatment that I'm getting. I'd venture that the fish oil and eye vitamins are contributing to that good news.
No doubt! Glad things are not getting any worse. You are more of a man than me. Even though I know what the alternative would be, I don't think I could take a needle in the eye. Bless your heart, hang in there!!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
What sushi I have had in the past, I was not impressed with. I live on the lake and am a big fish eater fried, baked, smoked, etc. I never could get my mind around eating raw fish. But then oysters on the half shell in season, now that is something I can get into putting a lot of them down.

After reading all this, I might have to try sushi again some day at a reputable place. Thanks for sharing.
I'm an oyster eating fool. Horseradish, tabasco and lemon juice to taste. I sometimes vary the combination just for kicks. Since I can't do alcohol anymore, iced tea as a chaser. I've always wanted to see how many I could down in an all you can eat. I'm betting 50.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No doubt! Glad things are not getting any worse. You are more of a man than me. Even though I know what the alternative would be, I don't think I could take a needle in the eye. Bless your heart, hang in there!!

Thanks. Time was, I felt just as you are feeling now about getting eye injections. Prior to the Macular Degeneration, I did have cataract surgery with both eyes. For the first one, I was nearly a basket case going into the operation area, but they used some drugs or whatever, and possibly eye drops that kept it where I had no sensation of even minor discomfort. I could see a light and motion show from the eye, but absolutely no pain. Second cataract surgery was like having a piece of cake.

Because of the cataract experiences, I was not alarmed by the idea of the injections for MD. At worst, there might be a sensation of pressure and maybe a slight pin prick. The injection takes about one second to insert the needle and put in the solution.

The worst part of the eye injection procedure is later in the day when I sense irritation of the eye and need to put in some eye drops.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm an oyster eating fool. Horseradish, tabasco and lemon juice to taste. I sometimes vary the combination just for kicks. Since I can't do alcohol anymore, iced tea as a chaser. I've always wanted to see how many I could down in an all you can eat. I'm betting 50.
You need to pick your seasons. There have been some deaths due to bad oysters.

Latest posts

Top Bottom