How many of you guys have ever worked at a ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you ever worked at ...

• A Gun Store??

Votes: 21 30.0%
  • A Gun Range??

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • A Gun Store with a Gun Range??

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • None of the above, but I've heard stories ...

Votes: 35 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't receive a paycheck for it, but I worked at a gun store/range in my misspent young adulthood. (Hmm, I seem to do a lot of work for no paycheck. Maybe I should rethink my strategy for getting rich.) My signature is in the seller box on a few pre-NICS 4473s (title: "Range Officer") rotting away in some warehouse in DC, so I guess that counts.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For some reason, I don't think I'd do well working in any of those places. I'm pretty sure that I'd "encounter" too many individuals that I felt "shouldn't own a firearm/shouldn't be allow to shoot a firearm" and would be likely to tell them so. Thus, I probably wouldn't be working there very long, nor would I make any friends in the above mentioned categories.

Besides, there's enough people I read on the OSA forums that I question whether they should own firearms. (No names will be disclosed.)

This is why I hate going into into gun shops for the most part.

The counter people assume they know everything and the customer is a Dumb a$$

stick4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Asst Mgr at Otasco in the 70s. I filled out a lot of those federal firearm forms and remember that we had to get a thumb print on Okc handgun forms and call them in.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For some reason, I don't think I'd do well working in any of those places. I'm pretty sure that I'd "encounter" too many individuals that I felt "shouldn't own a firearm/shouldn't be allow to shoot a firearm" and would be likely to tell them so. Thus, I probably wouldn't be working there very long, nor would I make any friends in the above mentioned categories.

Besides, there's enough people I read on the OSA forums that I question whether they should own firearms. (No names will be disclosed.)

You have no idea ... :disappoin I didn't think that there should be any kind of qualifying for citizens to carry ... UNTIL I started working SDA classes ... :shocked:

I got so tired of "experts" who were checking in sweeping me with guns they said were unloaded. Inevitably, when I asked to see their gun, I would rack the slide and pop out a round out of the chamber ... Guys who were positive they'd forgotten more about guns than I'd ever know -- and told me so -- who didn't know which way to put the bullets in the magazine, or in the cylinder ... or tried to put the magazine in the gun backwards. A lot of them post right here in this very forum ... :nolike:

For the first couple of years after I left the store I rather enjoyed doing deals with folks here because I knew who'd been talking shat about me ... and I was absolutely amazed at the number of guys who, even though there were numerous threads about the ***** at H&H who did this, that or the other (read: made somebody follow the rules) and I freely admitted I was that gal ... didn't have a clue who I was until they SAW me get out of the car at a deal ... :lmfao:

When "they" say "people are stupid" "they" are not kidding ... :rotflmao:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom