How many still have your first firearm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Until I was 8, I hunted with my maternal Grandfather’s old single shot 410, and then my parents gave me a Westerfield bolt action 20 ga which I still have. I’ve only killed one banded duck, and it was with that gun in 1978 if I remember correctly. I also still have the band.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have my first ever gun and my first gun that I bought for myself. My first ever gun is a Marlin 25N 22lr that my mom gave me for Christmas in 1986 when I was 12. The first gun I ever bought myself is a Harrington and Richardson single shot 12Ga that I bought with my own money when I was about 14 at a pawn shop in Purcell.

I killed so many cans and bottles and various other targets with that Marlin and I've shot a bunch of various targets with the 12Ga over the years. Those 2 guns will never leave my possession until I can no longer posses anything.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still have my hand-me-down bb gun and the H&R "The Marshall" 9 shot .22 with genuine fake stag grips that my dad bought for me and my older brothers. (At the same time bought us a Ruger single six that my brother has.) What a wise man my dad was. He never fired anything that I know of but his shotguns. However, one day brought those 2 revolvers home and told me and my brothers "you need to learn how to shoot these."

First only mine is the 3 guns a family friend gave to me after they were damaged in a house fire. Ithaca 12 ga pump that I found new furniture for at a gun show and gave to my oldest brother. A Savage 22 hornet that I sold to a friend. And a Stevens 87A that I fired thousands of rounds through. Dont shoot it much now, but still have it 50 years later.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still have both my 1st and second. While much less valuable They mean more to me than any other firearm in my collection. My dad gave me a Winchester 1300 Turkey for Christmas when I was 12 years old. Had it hid behind the couch after all the other gifts. It’s one of the few specific Christmas memories is still have. The other is my Ruger 10-22 he gave me for christmas a few years later. He made sure to let me know it wasn’t the basic 10-22 and that I needed to take car of it and it would last me. Mainly that they came from dad make them my fondest

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still have my first BB gun. Daisy Heddon model 102. It's weaker than a red Ryder.
IMG_20230408_225355871.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still have my hand-me-down bb gun and the H&R "The Marshall" 9 shot .22 with genuine fake stag grips
HaHa! love the "genuine fake stag grips".
Many years ago bought a wallet with a slip of paper inside saying it was "genuine artificial leather".

Latest posts

Top Bottom