How much would you pay for the lease?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Might as well plant a white oak and a red oak at each feeder so your grand kids don't have to buy corn for the early season lol. Figure out some way to keep the bucks from thrashing the saplings :)

Putting "cages" around trees is now a common practice in my area, but it took my parents half a dozen magnolia saplings to finally figure it out. lol!!!

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Might as well plant a white oak and a red oak at each feeder so your grand kids don't have to buy corn for the early season lol. Figure out some way to keep the bucks from thrashing the saplings :)
Just don't let them go wild. The deer didn't touch my feeder last year. Looked like I dumped a whole bag under the feeder. Those are the trees that are EVERYWHERE on this property

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That's my biggest concern. I am only in the states for a complete season 1 out of every 5 years, so can't do a long term lock it up lease, so am afraid this will be my only year for it. But if I can get him to agree to some terms with me it will be SIGNIFICANTLY better than the current spot I have.
I might be interested in it the years your gone and then you can take it the years your here just a thought

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very solid advice.. The difference is my wife doesn't realize the extra money would go toward gas, but would realize an upfront cost on a lease :D.

I was able to walk through the property today. It was extremely sweaty (crazy humid morning). We had a doe weez and run, saw a doe, saw a doe and a fawn, and had at three times I heard them jump up and start bounding through the woods. The deer are definitely on there. The property is CRAZY thick with trees, shrubbery, clumpy grasses, etc... It was a very hard walk.... and nary a tree big enough to comfortably support a tree stand. So having plenty of targets shouldn't be a problem, but finding a place to hide well enough and see them may be.
You can buy some short tower blinds online or at walmart that will put you 5-8' above the grass, brush.
I have one on a place I hunt.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Putting "cages" around trees is now a common practice in my area, but it took my parents half a dozen magnolia saplings to finally figure it out. lol!!!

I put in a "riparian buffer" that according to the NRCS has to be 90' wide on each side of the creek/river.
The deer pretty much wasted all but a few of the trees by rubbing and browsing in the first year.
Of the thousand trees we planted with a tree planter behind a tractor, only a few locusts trees survived. The deer rub the remainder, and they will never reach maturity with this activity.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've alway called it "blowing", but I guess it could be considered a "wheeze".:anyone:
I've heard both, but for some reason I use wheeze more. Maybe because yesterday I told someone, "a doe blew me" on accident and then got the obligatory odd look with sexual overtones.....[emoji19]. wheeze avoids that[emoji23] . (The preposition "at" is a small, but important word!)

All I know is it scared the crap out of me the first time I heard it 15 yards behind my stand 40 minutes before daylight.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom