How much would you pay for the lease?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But if this OLAP program is a hit you may have to outbid the State for a lease someday.

From what I've seen that is not the case. Landowners looking to lease to a private individual have no desire to lease to the state. TYPICALLY land enrolled in this program are two types of landowners. 1.) Landowners who genuinely want to share their resource with others, but don't really know anyone interested. 2.) Landowners that already have a load of "strangers" hunting on their place whom they have given permission too and figure they may as well lease it to the state because they don't care who is hunting it.

Although at $15 an acre, even for prime stuff, that is a very competitive price. I will say Nebraska won't pay anywhere near that for walk in access. I believe $5-7 is about that top dollar the state gives here.

Swine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The question more importantly is how much is it worth to you.... what do you have to deal with in the long run. Rancher constantly changing their minds during the season.... get everything in writing... are livestock roaming...

I paid a premium but its worth over 4000 a year for 400+ acres year round access to have NONE of the above... YES.

Latest posts

Top Bottom