How to deal with a Divorce and kids

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear pal :( You have to fight the good fight. It only happens once a blue moon, but you have to try to win outright. My brother won full custody of both his kids.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is not nothing, its emotional and physical Infidelity. The impact of infidelity is said to relate not only to sex outside a relationship, but also to trust, betrayal, lying and disloyalty. Sexual infidelity by a marriage partner is commonly called philandery, adultery, or an affair.

While I agree with you it's like PD said, the court doesn't care. What's worse is by focusing on what she did it could be used against you to label you as jealous and bitter and explain your wanting your child as a control issue to keep the ex or get back at her.

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Take pictures of the pill bottles and the refill dates. If she is taking enough to be incoherant you should file for temp. emergency custody at the same time you file your divorce. You will get it but don't sit there and wait to see what she is going to do...

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
RaysZ71 said:
Well she also has a bad back and she takes over 10 heavy prescription pills and shes always passing out. That is a concern of mine. With me, I was the one to take care of them with everything. She just went to work and helped them with homework. She has no idea how to discipline them, she's never even cut their nails, washed their clothes or anything. I was mom and dad. I guess well just see.

Playing devils advocate: if you go into court with these concerns, what answer do you have for the judge when he asks you "What actions did you take in the past, before any talk of a divorce started, to bring these concerns to the proper authorities?". I'm not sure how much credence the judge will give these, if you didn't feel strongly enough about it to report it in the past. I hope I'm wrong, and hope things work out for you

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Playing devils advocate: if you go into court with these concerns, what answer do you have for the judge when he asks you "What actions did you take in the past, before any talk of a divorce started, to bring these concerns to the proper authorities?". I'm not sure how much credence the judge will give these, if you didn't feel strongly enough about it to report it in the past. I hope I'm wrong, and hope things work out for you

simple answer is he was there to care for the children.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

These are legal prescriptions , prescribed by her pain doctor. I had no concerns before because I drove when kids were in the car and as I mentioned above, I took care of everything while she slept. Why would I have concerns now? I have concerns when it will just be her and the kids and she does that. Im not there to save the day any longer.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well she also has a bad back and she takes over 10 heavy prescription pills and shes always passing out. That is a concern of mine. With me, I was the one to take care of them with everything. She just went to work and helped them with homework. She has no idea how to discipline them, she's never even cut their nails, washed their clothes or anything. I was mom and dad. I guess well just see.

If you were the "primary caregiver" that needs to be stated strongly and clearly in your filing. Also consider what PD said about an emergency temp order.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Lucky for you, the courts in Okla have been moving to shared parenting for the last few years. It isn't as hard as it used to be to get shared custody. I can tell you this, one stupid move on your part will make it almost impossible to achieve this. I would suggest you eliminate any more threads concerning this issue, especially if she knows you frequent this site..

Latest posts

Top Bottom