Hunting out of truck?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wording used to be if the vehicle has been turned off for 30 minutes it could legally be uses as a blind.

I've been hunting in OK for over 50 years, and I never ever read that in any of the regulations. Would you be able to provide a little documentation for that?

I've hunted ducks out of motorized "vehicles" all my life. Every duck boat I've ever been in had a motor of some sort on the back, you just aren't supposed to use the motor to scare them up and you can't shoot from the boat while it's under power. If we've got to start rowing or swimming out to the place where we set up the decoys I'm out.

I don't know that I've ever heard of someone using their truck as a blind of any sort, but I've have been in blinds that were a damn sight nicer than some of the trucks I've owned. As long as all of the other regs were obeyed, I don't know why you couldn't. Hell if you had someone that was non-ambulatory you could even park it at the edge of a field and put screens up around it to turn it into a real blind.

I’m going to agree with elkstar it’s no different than a blind in my opinion

I also agree, if we have to go back to sharpened rocks on the end of sticks to be considered a hunter I guess I'm not a hunter.

jaketinaboxer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I contacted a warden once about sitting on an atv and hunting or sitting in a side x side and he said as long as its stationary and not running and your just using it as a seat/blind it was fine. camo tarps and a side x side make a good warm spot to hide from the wind.

Latest posts

Top Bottom