Hvac guys // split unit in garage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
was wanting to put a split unit in my garage, was hoping to just a 110v for the ease of just pluggin in. Do they make ceiling mounted?

Hate the idea of cutting thru my brick, and there is very little place to go thru the wall without it being more on the front of the house, or right above my breaker box, or garage door..

any of you guys put one in the garage to heat and cool?

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We put one in our stand-alone office. It's not a big deal at all. The hardest part is running the electric line from the box to the control unit. Everything else is plug and play. You can DIY if you have any home repair skills. We went with Pioneer. The instructions were very easy to follow.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure about ceiling mount since you have to think about how to run the condensate line. If I remember right I think most diy units come with 25' of line between condenser and inside unit to give you some leeway in mounting. I keep debating about using one in master to replace window unit, but since our master is next to garage I might have to rethink getting a twin unit to put air handler in garage too.

jeepjackazz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ive got one in my non insulated 2 car and it works great. 240 volt, but only because im short on 110 outlets, and have plenty of amperage. Not sure how you would work a drain line if it had to mount near or in a ceiling, and all of the plumbing on mine exits from the rear. Best garage upgrade ive done other than the roomba.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
which units did you guys do? did you do the install your self?

I see some cheap chinese ones on marketplace and CL, thinking of trying one if i can figure out where i wanna put it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom