Hvac refrigerant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is there a shutoff switch in the pan under the unit? I don’t know, but it’s probably code to have a switch to shut down the AC if the pan fills with water.
You'd think it would be a good idea, but if there is one, I didn't see it. And if it has one, it wasn't working.

It's knocked another degree off, so it's a little better. But I still don't think I changed anything that would actually fix it. Unless the water in the bottom was hurting it a lot more than I'd think it would.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had guy a guy add 2 lbs of refrigerant and we're at 64 degrees at the register. Hope the stuff leaks slowly, cause crap is expensive nowadays.
Good luck! Glad you got it running right again. He can use a leak detector around the coil to see if it's leaking there. You can replace the coil yourself if you're handy, or if you know a welder, if that's the problem. They run $500-800 apiece. Also, like someone said you can squirt soapy water on the connections to see if they're the problem. While it's full again is a good time to do that.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had guy a guy add 2 lbs of refrigerant and we're at 64 degrees at the register. Hope the stuff leaks slowly, cause crap is expensive nowadays.
Did you notice if there are brass caps on the compressor valves where the refrigerant was added? Or did your guy check for a leak there?

D6F2EE20-42D6-4945-995C-1CFE157C77C5.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom