Hydroponics, anyone? Interesting raid on home of "growers"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know Python, I can remember before we had the "Sudafed law" that sheriff's departments everywhere were having a hell of a budget problem because of all the hazmat costs that they had to deal with from taking down labs. And it seemed like that that's the only stinking thing the sheriff departments did back then too. Seems that the law has worked by and large, but as with any law, it ain't perfect.

batchman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What so of you are saying is lets do away with all the laws just like if we hand in a our guns then the bad guys will not use guns. We know this is not the case period!

As an LEO during the meth lab phase this law was the begining of the end for major meth labs in OK. The DEA has had a law on the books for a long time restricting the purchase of epi they just did not require it to be behind the counter!

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shadowrider you haven't kept up then. They are still complaining and it's still costing them money for hazmat. They have to bring out hazmat even for the little one pot shake and bake operations. Whether its a large scale P2P, or hydriodic acid reduction of ephedrine or the birch process which is what one pot meth is it all has to have hazmat on scene to deal with the evidence collection and disposal. The number of "lab" busts has been going back up. I would have to find the article but I think Tulsa county has reached pre ephedrine law numbers of busts again.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, we do have to do something to solve the meth problem.

The pseudoephedrine and ephedrine laws have nothing to do with meth. If you follow the money, you'll see the lobbying expenses from manufacturers of phenylephrine increase state by state until the "anti-meth" laws passed, and then basically cut off. It's simply about making access to a working natural medication harder to boost sales of non-working medication. If Oklahoma was first (not positive if they were and don't feel like looking it up at the moment), it's because they were the most easily bought politicians on the market at the time.

Meth is one of very few pharmaceuticals where it's cheaper to make your own than to get a prescription (or find someone with a prescription) and buy. Remember, meth is FDA-approved with unlimited dosage for "behavioral problems" in children and obesity in adults, and it's often prescribed for off-label uses such as a depression.

Lightsluvr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This doesn't surprise me a bit. I own a 500 gallon saltwater aquarium which emits blue lighting almost 24 hours a day. This causes an eerie blue light in the back of my house, visible to nosy neighbors or passing cars. When I set up this system, I went to the Edmond PD to let them know about the lights and invite officers to come check it out if there were any suspicions. (So far) I haven't heard a peep.

Knock on wood.

LL

Last edited:

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they make psuedo a prescription only, our society would be a better place. Meth causes crime, millions of dollars of damage, and disrupts families. It is a downward spiral that may only be rivaled by entitlements.

Latest posts

Top Bottom