Hydroponics, anyone? Interesting raid on home of "growers"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they make psuedo a prescription only, our society would be a better place. Meth causes crime, millions of dollars of damage, and disrupts families. It is a downward spiral that may only be rivaled by entitlements.

Good to hear that you propose making the problem worse.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they make psuedo a prescription only, our society would be a better place. Meth causes crime, millions of dollars of damage, and disrupts families. It is a downward spiral that may only be rivaled by entitlements.

I can't wait until we have to have universal background checks and gun registration to own firearms, that way we curb these horrendous gun violence issues our society has. They're a tragedy and irreperably damage the lives of anyone associated with them.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kind of off subject but a true story.

My mom confiscated a small baggie half filled with the dried remains of an illegal green plant that she found in me and my younger brothers bedroom when we were in junior highschool. My brother later found the baggie in her office desk drawer and we genius's replaced its contents with quickly dried tomato leaves hoping she wouldnt know the difference. Years later me and my father went down the coast to visit my older brother and his family at his home in Monterey. He is a college professor with a preference for high grade marijuana and imported beers and he imbibes in his pleasures out in the back of his property in his mancave/guesthouse. When we got there his wife sent us out back to the mancave and when we walked up the area was totally reeking with pot stank. My dad commented on how could a grown man still be smoking that 'shite' at his age. Then my dad said he tried it once with his buddy and he just doesnt see the attraction to it at all, in fact, he said all it did was make them dizzy as crap and they coughed so much that they threw it all away. Said he found it in a drawer in our moms office...

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't wait until we have to have universal background checks and gun registration to own firearms, that way we curb these horrendous gun violence issues our society has. They're a tragedy and irreperably damage the lives of anyone associated with them.

you should need a prescription to buy guns. you go see a cop and convince him that you need it, if he believes you he writes you a prescription. This way we can curb the gun violence problems, our society would be a better place.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shadowrider you haven't kept up then. They are still complaining and it's still costing them money for hazmat. They have to bring out hazmat even for the little one pot shake and bake operations. Whether its a large scale P2P, or hydriodic acid reduction of ephedrine or the birch process which is what one pot meth is it all has to have hazmat on scene to deal with the evidence collection and disposal. The number of "lab" busts has been going back up. I would have to find the article but I think Tulsa county has reached pre ephedrine law numbers of busts again.

It's because all the old school cooks are completing their sentences and getting "reintegrated" into the population. When they return to cooking, they add to all the ones who took their place when they got locked up and haven't been caught yet.

Meth is a scourge on society and its prevalence makes it far worse than coke or heroin. The destructiveness of the drug is pretty much unsurpassed in this country, at least until krokodil makes its way here. I can understand why the people were willing to make concessions in an attempt to curb it. Unfortunately, when you can make this crap in the back of a car, it will never go away.

That said, I'm fast approaching the point where the nanny state has lost ALL of its appeal. The duplicity exercised in the method of passing such legislation is revolting. The net loses outweight any potential benefits. Do we still have a meth problem? Yes. So how can you say the legislation had a meaningful impact? You can't. About the only thing that could have a meaningful impact is an aggressive education campaign at an early age. it might not help right now, but it would pay better dividends down the road than what we're doing now.

It really doesn't matter what a nanny's pet cause is. You can bet it will undermine freedom when implemented. That's a price I'm just not willing to pay anymore. :(

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About the only thing that could have a meaningful impact is an aggressive education campaign at an early age. it might not help right now, but it would pay better dividends down the road than what we're doing now.

The only way that would work is if you quit prescribing it to kids, or you'll get the same effect that D.A.R.E. has of "well, they lied to me about weed, so everything else they said must not have been true", except it will be "well, the doctor prescribed it to me before when I was little, so it can't be that bad".

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only way that would work is if you quit prescribing it to kids, or you'll get the same effect that D.A.R.E. has of "well, they lied to me about weed, so everything else they said must not have been true", except it will be "well, the doctor prescribed it to me before when I was little, so it can't be that bad".

I guess I should've specified that by "education", I actually mean educating, not indoctrination through propaganda. It's sad that we need to specify that, and I'm not being facetious either. :(

CompIllitR8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Just like alchohol. We should criminalize the use of alchohol and strictly regulate the ingredients used to make this devil water. You should get a doctors permission to buy water , sugar, yeast, etc. Just leave my rum and cigars alone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom