I’m about to be arrested?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I get a call with a number I don’t recognize from Midwest City. Goes to voicemail.
IMG_1995.png

It’s not my name, and the transcription left out Kay County as where the warrant was issued.
So, I went to a reverse number look up. The call came from what appears to be an Army recruiting station.
Then looked up the call back number and got a name in Midwest City. Took a screenshot, then went back to the original call number to screenshot that number. Whoa! Now the number no longer shows as an army recruitment office, it now shows a woman’s name in Midwest City. Took a screenshot of that one.

Obviously this is a spoofed phone number and an attempt to scam some money from me, although the name is not mine.

Would it be worth contacting the Midwest City Police Department to report what’s going on in their town and see if they want me to play along?
This kind of crap really makes me mad because there are some that might just fall for it.

What does OSA say?

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
If its a scam/spoofing deal, the cops aren't gonna care. However, my mom is a court clerk, and she has to spend a few hours a week calling people with warrants or about to have warrants telling them they need to just come pay their crap. So some of that can be real. She hates that part of her week, I imagine the phone calls aren't all that pleasant.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use to get a call from a IRS agent telling me that i have a arrest warrent out and i need to come in, and i told them to just come and get me i would have a better life behind bars than i do now and never heard back from them. and that was five years ago. Now days if your name and number isnt in my phone directory it doesnt get answered and gets blocked at the end of day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom