I am looking for a good, reliable, relatively inexpensive auto knife

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always coveted a Halo V, but no way am I going to shell out $625 for the model I want, without knowing whether it'll satisfy me enough to make it worth that kind of coin. I'll probably order one of these $50 knockoffs (and a Combat Troodon knockoff while I'm at it), just to find out. If one or the other satisfies me, I'll probably save up for a real deal Microtech.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would never carry a knock off knife. To me, it's a matter of principle. A fake Rolex may keep as good time as a real one, but it's still a fake Rolex. It's just money. We're not going to take it with us.

I can't justify a lot of money on a knife, I tend to ruin them.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I paid $12 for one at bike night at Hooter's off I-240 there a while back. It's in my pocket, and in use, everyday. Holds an edge better than my German kitchen knives that don't get nearly as much use.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Boker Kalashnikov 74 auto nib $40 black, extra in the safe. NIB

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Benchmade CLA. It was the first auto I handled other than a Microtech that opened as positively as an assisted opener. I liked it almost as much as my Osbourne and carried it daily but it only saw light duty before it began to open sluggishly. Then the lock stopped working and despite the fact I haven't carried it in months it will not fully open. This thread reminded me to send it in for repair. I do like it enough that if were reliable I'd carry it everyday.

Latest posts

Top Bottom