I called Colt Firearms Company today!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Colt is a shell of what it once was. Much of the plant is empty because over the years they have downsized for a multitude of reasons.
They sell everything they produce now and until recently have shown little interest in introducing new models. The new Mustang hopefully will be a good seller and show them that they can sell new models but they will have to expand because they are really small compared to other companies.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Word on the street is that a new DA wheel gun is in the cards for Colt, but they have been very mum on the details.

It would most certainly have to more along the quality of current S&W and Ruger to be competitive though (not that those are unacceptable, by any means). A DA colt comparable to the snake guns would probably be too cost-prohibitive to produce. I could see a nicely-fitted Colt selling for $800+ but a modern-day Python would be double that or more.

God, I sure hope that this is the case!!! Colt could do an Anaconda-size frame with their modern (post-1970's) lockwork, and if they used a lot of CNC machining, they could keep the cost down and the quality up.

I for one would very interested to know what Colt has up its' sleeve.

My suggestion would be for Colt to bring out several different calibers (357, 41 and 44 Magnums, 45ACP, etc.) on a New Service or Anaconda-size frame, and have at least a few models with fixed sights.
I doubt that they will do everything that I suggest, but if they did only some of it, I'd be happy.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might want to call for Colt's Manufacturing, they're the ones in charge of what you want. Gerald Dinkel is the CEO of the Colt Defense. He couldn't care less about the 1911 when it's not his deal and he's selling millions of M4s and M16-A4s all across the world. General Keys is the CEO of Colt's Manufacturing. He's your man and hopefully the one who will turn things around... sometime :anyone:

Colt hasn't been on top of things for the commercial market for at least 30 years and some would argue longer. Their actions year over year have proven that. The fact that they believe even "looking into" a 9mm to solve their issues proves how out of touch they are.

To me and many others, it's simple... a good start would be:

Bring back a woodsman. Hell ANY .22 Did everyone forget it's the most popular caliber?
Bring back a Python.
Bring back an Anaconda.
Bring back a 6 shot snub .38
Bring back .22 conversions for 1911's (and one for the AR-15 while you're at it)

Good for them for at least having the Defender and New Agent available.
Good for them for now offering a .308 AR as well.

I'm still pissed at them because they charge for SAA letter based on what the letter says now instead of just the normally high rate anyway. But that's just me moaning really and nothing compared to their poor range of offerings of today.

It's sad indeed for a company with such a proud and storied legacy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom