I can't decide...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which boots are best for GED's model 649 "Bodyguard?"

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well, I went against GED's unpspoken advice and got the grips, in walnut. I'm pleased and won't send them back. They look fine and, most importantly, feel good in my hand. Sorry about the pictures.

Thats a mighty sharp looking 649 you got there!!!!!!! That should be very comforting to have around you all the time!!!!

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would rock the charcoal ruby grips so long as they worked with the safariland speedloaders. Some grips don't make nice with my speedloader of choice or any speedloader for that matter.

Ek

These are a little clumsy with speedloaders. They work, but not smoothly. Fortunately, I'm not a speedloader kind of shooter.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just to update this thread...Yes, I did send the silverblack grips back. I just didn't care for them. I also sent back the rosewoods. They were a little flashy for my taste as well.

Now, the 649 wears an Uncle Mike's rubber boot grip and the model 38 is wearing a set of walnut boots.

Thanks for the advice Brent...you were right. :thumb:

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom