I got a drunk driver busted today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the way back the shop from lunch, I witnessed a GMC Jimmy driving erratically, crossing the center line, driving in the ditch, weaving back and forth. I called 911 and as we crossed into Payne Co. jurisdiction, was transferred to them. I watch this old lady narrowly miss several mailboxes, almost hit 3 cars and she drove into a stop sign, backup and drove on down the road. I followed her for 20 minutes while the cops tried to catch up. I told the dispatcher that I could pull in front and force her to stop, I was terrified she was going to kill somebody. I would have felt guilty if she had and I hadn't forcibly stopped her. the dispatcher suggested that I not do that because I could be hit, which is true. I didn't know what this person's deal was at that point. She went from blacktop to gravel roads. I followed her the whole way. A hi-po and two deputies managed to catch up and got her pulled over. Turns out she was hopped up on Oxy and had a car full of beer and alcohol. They arrested her and thank me for calling in and "doing my civic duty". I hate drunk drivers!

If I had been in my truck, I probably would have blocked the road to stop her. We know that if you are legally within your rights and duty to stop an assault with deadly force, such as an armed gunman holding up a store or person, but what about drunk drivers? It was painfully obvious that she was not in any condition to be driving, there was one instance where she was in the oncoming traffic going up a blind hill. If someone had been driving in that lane, they would have had a head-on collision. What do you guys think?

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Geez, another good citizen who just had to get involved. Just had to be the Big Man. Every give any thought to the old lady and how your need to feed your ego screwed up her good time. She probably lost some of her dope as a result of you sticking your nose in her business. Hope you feel great.

People like you take all the fun out of getting bombed and taking a little drive.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ignernt, I forgot to add the italics font to my post which was in response to this...

If I had been in my truck, I probably would have blocked the road to stop her. We know that if you are legally within your rights and duty to stop an assault with deadly force, such as an armed gunman holding up a store or person, but what about drunk drivers? It was painfully obvious that she was not in any condition to be driving, there was one instance where she was in the oncoming traffic going up a blind hill. If someone had been driving in that lane, they would have had a head-on collision. What do you guys think?

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

i said in the other thread that i drive a hooptie and wouldn't mind being rear-ended to save someone's life.

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got to bust out a drunks window the other day.......Me and two fellow officer's responded to an accident. While en route, one driver tried to leave so witnesses blocked him in. We arrive and approach the car. The drivers window is cracked about two inches. We REPEATEDLY instructed him to open the door. Of course, he didn't. He made a motion to reach towards the floorboard on the passenger side. Sgt draws gun, I run to passenger side with baton and bust out the window. Third officer bust out the driver window and of course he is removed from the vehicle ever so lightly. By the way, he blew a .34 .......He also had 5 prior DUI's. This occurred in Tulsa County so who knows what will happen. Probable get off......I HATE Tulsa Co. He should be in prison.....

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dont ever forcibly stop someone, you did the right thing and stayed within your rights.

I wouldnt put it past the old bag to file an insurance claim/lawsuit for her vehicle and some made up ailment if you would have jumped in front and let her tap you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom