I hate it when the news wants opinions on gun laws.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How do you gradually go from concealed to open? Make it where the first week you can only show a 1/3, next week 2/3s and then open carry? If there was never a law put on it in the first place then we wouldn't have to worry about people being concerned about others open carrying because it was never abolished to begin with. Also the "legal" citizens will need to have a permit to carry so hopefully those people will be smarter than the average citizen.

gun001guns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TwoForFlinching that is about the dumbest thing I have read lately. Your pro gun but only under your own terms. What difference does it make it someone is walking around with a gun showing on their hip or under there shirt/jacket are you somehow safer if you can't see it. People are stupid and remakes like yours does not help. I'm in law enforcement and I have no issue with seeing a gun on someones hip I always assume everyone is armed anyway (and in OK most are) LOL. I personally think it will deter crime to a certain extent. I think people who are on the fence about carrying due to having to be concealed will carry more because of the convenience. If its not for you thats fine but don't be hate'n everyone who does. Like anything that is new it will take some getting used to for common folks, but after a while it will just be part of the scenery.

gun001guns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The whole mentality of "baby steps" boggles my mind. People what is the difference the very people carrying concealed are going to be the folks carrying open (those that choose). To read some of the post it sounds like the people of Oklahoma believe that after November 1 everyone is going to be carrying a gun around for everyone to see. You still have to have a permit. If folks spent as much time worrying about the gang bangers and criminals carrying guns those are the ones that scare me.

gun001guns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice chip on your shoulder, but no where in that paragraph you quoted are the words "hate", "Stupid", or "Idiot", nor did he refer to the size of anyone's manhood.

There are way too many people in the shooting community (hell, on this board for that matter) who tell stories that scare the crap out of me to know they actually own/handle guns - its obvious from many of the attitudes/posts here that a lot of folks use their gun as an extension of their ego (i.e., they go looking for trouble with it, where as without it, they might go out of their way to avoid it). I've been in public places and seen/heard people show their CCW to someone they just met as if to impress them - I'm sorry, but that is just colossally stupid.

Seems like a lot of Open-Carry folks can't wait to get some of that attention, and you have to know that some of that attention won't be positive. Yet those very folks are the first to complain about how everyone "hates them" or "is against them". Guess what - those folks who are trying to warn you to watch your attitude/actions are your friends, not your enemies...

- EZB

The folks you speak of and the stories your referring to scaring you are those folks still not carrying and handling firearms? How does open carry make it worse? I would rather know an idiot has a gun that not know and be surprised when he/she do something stupid. Your logic makes no sense

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How do you gradually go from concealed to open? Make it where the first week you can only show a 1/3, next week 2/3s and then open carry? If there was never a law put on it in the first place then we wouldn't have to worry about people being concerned about others open carrying because it was never abolished to begin with. Also the "legal" citizens will need to have a permit to carry so hopefully those people will be smarter than the average citizen.

By "gradually" I would suggest being discreet about it - perhaps foregoing open carry for a few days or weeks after Nov 1. to give the issue some time to die down and the hostile media something else to occupy their attention. Then going around with a small pistol carried on the belt, but not calling attention to it by showing it off to folks in the area. That sort of thing; what I think will do the issue more harm than good would be the folks who might go around at 12:01 AM on Nov. 1st with a pair of six-shooters strapped to their legs, or carrying a slung AR for no reason other than to celebrate the new law, and needlessly providing the anti-gun crowd with fodder.

As for "if there was never a law put on it in the first place" - well, guess what? There was, and we have to live with that reality. So easing the state - and hopefully the country - away from the mindset that produced the law, would work better than polarizing the issue needlessly.

gun001guns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again makes no sense. Your assuming that on Nov. 1 half the state is going to be walking around with "Ar's slung" doubtful remember you have to have a permit still so who is going to be carrying openly CCW holders. There is always an idiot in every crowd seeking attention and it will happen here, but will not be a majority.

Lets lose the liberal mind set "I don't think it's good so no one should do it" If it's not for you don't do it and if it is then by all means go for it.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Quite frankly I've been waiting on open carry. I do not plan to use it, but I'm a big fat guy and I know my weapon will print, or accidentaly be exposed. I haven't wanted to break the law so I've waited. I honestly don't know that I will even carry a firearm.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Nice chip on your shoulder, but no where in that paragraph you quoted are the words "hate", "Stupid", or "Idiot", nor did he refer to the size of anyone's manhood.

I think this might have something to do with it:

but I can't wait to just watch those "Duke's" out there... Walking around like self proclaimed bad@sses...

Latest posts

Top Bottom