I hate my life.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joeh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate getting these requests as well. I can't say no to my family, but they find the most ridiculous ways to ruin their technology...

Missing boot loader segment doesn't sound that bad, you should be able to enter your boot loader command line and restore from a disk drive, but I'm sure you've already finish.

At least it was just the backup drive and not the main drive? Imagine the main drive failing, and THEN finding out you're missing a boot loader block. Yikes.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been retired long enough from IT, I use that as an excuse for most of the people. Right now we have a long time friend that is having problems. I went over and ran malware bytes and it found 24 problems, I ran it a second time and it found 3 more. The computer still has 24x7 help on it and I have to find out how to get rid of it.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My place of business has a really smug IT guy (his smugness exceeds his skills), so sometimes I purposefully cause a problem or two and when he can't fix it I make a suggestion that remedies the problem on the spot. I usually get about an hour of entertainment

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your IT, that's great I have question about ....
;)

I get that all the time then they get a blank stare. I don't do micro computers. I do windows servers, storage arrays and IBM mini computers. I used to do networking as well but it's been so long if I had to subnet a network segment I'd have to google it.

I have a MacBook and iPhone for a reason. I like my end user experience to be uncomplicated and user friendly. I'm sick of android and windows.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I get that all the time then they get a blank stare. I don't do micro computers. I do windows servers, storage arrays and IBM mini computers. I used to do networking as well but it's been so long if I had to subnet a network segment I'd have to google it.

I have a MacBook and iPhone for a reason. I like my end user experience to be uncomplicated and user friendly. I'm sick of android and windows.

great i was looking for someone..

Latest posts

Top Bottom