I have a female friend who is in trouble...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is true. One of our regulars would do this. This gal was on husband #9 and we were constantly responding to domestics at her house. She would never move in with the guy, they had to move in with her.

We would get the call, she would kick them out, VPO's would be issued, locks would be changed, then next week we would get a letter rescinding the VPO and it would start all over again.

The last time I was there, it finally went too far. The current husband had actually slapped her and tore her clothes in a fight. The law had changed earlier that week and the officer could now file domestic abuse. I no longer needed either of them to sign a complaint.

I knew what what was coming next and I knew that once she calmed down everything would be forgiven and it would start all over.

I typed up all the charges and went to the DA's office. I met the receptionist and told her that I wanted to see a female DA. She looked at me curiously and I showed her a picture of the lady. She smiled and said "I know exactly who to send you to".

I met the DA and presented her with my case. I told her about her past history and that she would probably try to bail him out of jail and want to drop the VPO and the charges. She said "not this time".

Later that same day I got a call from the DA. She said "you were right, she tried to bail him out and contacted me to drop the VPO and charges and I told her no".

The last I heard was that he finally bailed out, had to appear in court and got a $2k fine and two years probation in a plea bargain. I never got a call there again.

Good work. A+

You can't fix crazy.

J.P. Harrah

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is true. One of our regulars would do this. This gal was on husband #9 and we were constantly responding to domestics at her house. She would never move in with the guy, they had to move in with her.

We would get the call, she would kick them out, VPO's would be issued, locks would be changed, then next week we would get a letter rescinding the VPO and it would start all over again.

The last time I was there, it finally went too far. The current husband had actually slapped her and tore her clothes in a fight. The law had changed earlier that week and the officer could now file domestic abuse. I no longer needed either of them to sign a complaint.

I knew what what was coming next and I knew that once she calmed down everything would be forgiven and it would start all over.

I typed up all the charges and went to the DA's office. I met the receptionist and told her that I wanted to see a female DA. She looked at me curiously and I showed her a picture of the lady. She smiled and said "I know exactly who to send you to".

I met the DA and presented her with my case. I told her about her past history and that she would probably try to bail him out of jail and want to drop the VPO and the charges. She said "not this time".

Later that same day I got a call from the DA. She said "you were right, she tried to bail him out and contacted me to drop the VPO and charges and I told her no".

The last I heard was that he finally bailed out, had to appear in court and got a $2k fine and two years probation in a plea bargain. I never got a call there again.
The ability for State to press charges on domestics has no doubt saved some from similar situations. Had a repeat problem at a local low rent apartment complex. Female half would never press charges. Until she got tossed through a coffee table. I got pictures and filed on behalf of state. I think it took that much for her to realize the severity of what was going on and that it was going to continue to escalate.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nah, she won't bail him out. We had a long chat last night via txt. She knows she needs to cut it off completely, before she just didn't think it would help. I showed her the state statute @Dave70968 posted and now she has some actual hope. I THINK she is going to stay on the right path this time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom