I have a Moral Issue. I need some advice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the Bush "dubya" admin, I was working up in the panhandle. Guymon and SW Kansas. When ICE raided a couple of meat packing plants up in some northern states about one half or more of the workforce at Seaboard and that big meat packing plant in Liberal just disappeared overnight. Left town. It put those plants in a huge bind from what I heard. They had every farmer, farmer's wife and their grown kids lining up to go to work there because they bumped the payrate so high. They still couldn't find enough to fill those jobs and the starting salary was quite nice. Things are different now.

Badger, I get the impression that you'd regret it if you didn't report this. I'd do it anonymously as mentioned before. I'd be inclined to call my congressman and senator and talk to them too. Maybe the state AG's office? Make sure they know about the school stuff, the lack of immunizations is just scary. Use a cheap burner phone. Don't put your job in jeopardy over it, because likely nothing will come of it anyway. But at least you'll know you tried. All I can really say is that I'm glad I don't have to put kids in school today with the state of affairs we have now. :grumble:

EDIT: Just saw you reported to ICE. Good!

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think because it’s a High School ICE will be hesitant to act. I am sure that the liberals and snowflakes of the world would see it as an opportunity to bash immigration policies. Like I said before, I am leaving this year and going back to civilization next year. It just Gauls me that so much of the education funds out here are going to support illegal students, when most of them will leave to return to Mexico, or move on to the work force. I have had students that have told me that they are here exclusively to learn English for a year and then return home. Most occupy a spot in the classroom until they are old enough to drop out; ( by their parents standards), and go to work. It’s really frustrating.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But not enrollment.....right?
Well membership means enrollment . Students on suspension effect enrollment figures. The district must provide an education but it could be in an alternate setting such as to the home or at another setting such as for a special need. Also if a student with draws but returns later in the year they must be served but they may not have be included in the earlier figures.

Latest posts

Top Bottom