i just fiished putting a new starter in the tundra

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I thought I had a alternator go out on my Tundra and started looking into replacing it.
Take of left front tire drop power steering pump, stick your tongue out your mouth on the right side and flip your spouse off twice on Tuesday!!! Was a busy week and called a Mech that I know and old boy told me to change the battery.....But, but but I sputtered and he said " trust me I have been working on these for years and have never replaced a Starter " . So I look at the battery and it was probably the same one it drove off the lot with new.... so what the heck..... it worked > Charging system been right as rain since!!! So I have to say that even though some of the stuff is a PITA to work on, these Tundras are reliable !!! Just got a bonus at work and bought the parts to rebuild the brakes all around and replace the front hubs and ABS sensors and a new set of tires, getting ready for deer season ......... gonna keep the thing til I cannot fix it any more .......

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Did the starter on my 06 Silverado recently. Had to take the right front wheel off, take out the fender well and do most of the work in the three inches between the frame and header.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did the starter on my 06 Silverado recently. Had to take the right front wheel off, take out the fender well and do most of the work in the three inches between the frame and header.
I did the same thing to replace a spark plug on a 79 Trans Am Turbo.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mitsubishi had a V6 that required the removal of the intake manifold to change the spark plugs.

GM had a V6 that required the removal of a motor mount to replace the serpentine belt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom