I need a car…. A small car…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife and I have Fiat 500s for mileage and fun to drive. The little motors are very durable. Mine is modded to the max and hers is almost completely stock. I bought mine new and it has 62,000 miles on it now. 41 mpg on the highway if I keep my foot out of it. There are several for sale on Facebook Marketplace that the owners can't get to start. They use the engine oil to operate small oil pumps that operate the intake valves. If they set without being started for say 3 to 4 weeks the little pumps can lose prime. There is a procedure on starting them that some people don't know about that aren't car people. There is an Abarth model in Stillwater that the kid can't get started. I've been watching his posting on it. The Abarths are turboed with 160 hp and are a blast to drive.View attachment 412370

But what if that Abarth really has a bad engine or something?

BTW, that ad has a bit of scam smell to it.

Last edited:

Rustytigwire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lexington south side of the road just east of the bridge.

Screenshot_20230923_080919_Maps.jpg

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But what if that Abarth really has a bad engine or something?

BTW, that ad has a bit of scam smell to it.
If I go to look at a car with a turbo I tell the owner, I want to start it myself with the motor cold. If there are any problems with the turbo they usually smoke when started cold. If a used car has plenty of performance upgrades then you know it has been driven hard but, that doesn't mean it hasn't been well maintained. There were several Fiats on Marketplace that looked to be in EC at a fair price. You take a chance on any of them.

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really wouldn’t mind one, but if I had to bring a laptop bag, and buy groceries in the same trip, I would have to drive home with something in my lap. I also couldn’t use it to drag my dog around or go to the range, unless I’m just throwing long guns in the passenger seat with me.
1959 Ford anglia, panel, ditty on a Toyota with 4 banger / manual 4 speed.
I’ve bought a late eighties toyota TRD, turbo and fuel injected 22R with a five speed manual transmission, my fall project

Attachments

• IMG_1630.jpeg
    IMG_1630.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1632.jpeg
    IMG_1632.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom