I need a car…. A small car…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMG_3089.jpeg

Specifically, I would like something I could modify and use as a fun little around town car. I’ve always wanted a MKIII Mini or some really any vintage mini. I remember they used to be affordable. Now…. I might as well buy a 911 Turbo. What gives? Does anyone make a kit for someone to build a replica of a mini? I don’t care about collectibility, I just want a small, 2 door hatchback/wagon that I can put a sporty suspension, a motor, and a radio in. A Miata would fit the bill, but then again it doesn’t, as there’s no room to put things while running errands. FWD/RWD doesn’t really matter to me, but I would love to K swap whatever I get.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is probably the best you'll get these days because all the desirable ones are getting bought up and put into warehouses by wealthy people who will never actually do anything to them.

geo-metro-front-3-4-1649256349.png

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
in a large town plenty of auctions,plenty of selection ,and usually quite cheap, since all need repairs..toyota/lexus and honda /acura, are the most plentiful and have the cheapest repair/replacement parts,,and plenty of mods can be done on certain models..get a FWD station wagon and then get another one like it hit in the rear ,pull out the drivetrain(A/T) intact w K member and install in in the rear of the first car,, two engines and AWD..

Last edited:

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife and I have Fiat 500s for mileage and fun to drive. The little motors are very durable. Mine is modded to the max and hers is almost completely stock. I bought mine new and it has 62,000 miles on it now. 41 mpg on the highway if I keep my foot out of it. There are several for sale on Facebook Marketplace that the owners can't get to start. They use the engine oil to operate small oil pumps that operate the intake valves. If they set without being started for say 3 to 4 weeks the little pumps can lose prime. There is a procedure on starting them that some people don't know about that aren't car people. There is an Abarth model in Stillwater that the kid can't get started. I've been watching his posting on it. The Abarths are turboed with 160 hp and are a blast to drive.
Di (3).JPG

Attachments

• black lights (3).JPG
    black lights (3).JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 0

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
FB has some good deals on bugs if you're an aircooled fan. Every now and then older Fiats and Triumphs will pop up but not Minis so much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom