I need a car…. A small car…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve had three’70s vintage Fiats; 124 Wagon, 131 coupe and an 128 sedan and loved ‘em. Too bad the new ones are made in Mexico.
I think they had moved production to Europe of the 500s before they shut down the model. Motors were built in the US, transmissions were from Europe, and cars assembled in Mexico.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My wife and I have Fiat 500s for mileage and fun to drive. The little motors are very durable. Mine is modded to the max and hers is almost completely stock. I bought mine new and it has 62,000 miles on it now. 41 mpg on the highway if I keep my foot out of it. There are several for sale on Facebook Marketplace that the owners can't get to start. They use the engine oil to operate small oil pumps that operate the intake valves. If they set without being started for say 3 to 4 weeks the little pumps can lose prime. There is a procedure on starting them that some people don't know about that aren't car people. There is an Abarth model in Stillwater that the kid can't get started. I've been watching his posting on it. The Abarths are turboed with 160 hp and are a blast to drive.View attachment 412370
Are those front or rear wheel or awd? How big is the fuel tank? Thanks

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A crx would be sweet, but they’re hard to find now! I almost bought a k swapped and tuned crx back in like 2005. It was FAST and handled like it was on rails.

Still blows me away all the Japanese cars that were dirt cheap when our generation was young are all collectible now. We know how the old muscle car farts feel now!

Shopping around will be tough because they are usually either completely trashed, or in pristine condition and price through the roof (that goes for any older vehicles really)

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really wouldn’t mind one, but if I had to bring a laptop bag, and buy groceries in the same trip, I would have to drive home with something in my lap. I also couldn’t use it to drag my dog around or go to the range, unless I’m just throwing long guns in the passenger seat with me.
Or use the trunk…

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Right, but old and analog kinda tickles my pickle. If I was buying modern again I would buy another Fiesta ST. Im not really a Ford guy, but that car was great.

We had a Ford Fiesta rental when my son was in grade school. I took him to school and he was embarassed riding in it. When I pulled up the front driveway I started honking to get kids attention. LMAO :rollingla

Latest posts

Top Bottom