I need a car…. A small car…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is probably the best you'll get these days because all the desirable ones are getting bought up and put into warehouses by wealthy people who will never actually do anything to them.

geo-metro-front-3-4-1649256349.png
Me driving that car:
Style Deal With It GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
My wife and I have Fiat 500s for mileage and fun to drive. The little motors are very durable. Mine is modded to the max and hers is almost completely stock. I bought mine new and it has 62,000 miles on it now. 41 mpg on the highway if I keep my foot out of it. There are several for sale on Facebook Marketplace that the owners can't get to start. They use the engine oil to operate small oil pumps that operate the intake valves. If they set without being started for say 3 to 4 weeks the little pumps can lose prime. There is a procedure on starting them that some people don't know about that aren't car people. There is an Abarth model in Stillwater that the kid can't get started. I've been watching his posting on it. The Abarths are turboed with 160 hp and are a blast to drive.View attachment 412370
I’ve had three’70s vintage Fiats; 124 Wagon, 131 coupe and an 128 sedan and loved ‘em. Too bad the new ones are made in Mexico.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buy a Miata
I really wouldn’t mind one, but if I had to bring a laptop bag, and buy groceries in the same trip, I would have to drive home with something in my lap. I also couldn’t use it to drag my dog around or go to the range, unless I’m just throwing long guns in the passenger seat with me.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
An old Z car would fit the bill of a hatchback... :)

There is actually more room in most 2 seater convertibles than you would think, my Wife has driven one for almost 20 years, it's pretty remarkable what you can get in one. The tightest was the S2000, Z4 had a fair amount of trunk space. She's currently in a Boxster S, it has a trunk, and a frunk, lot's of space. Older Boxsters can be had for decent $$'s.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I have Fiat 500s for mileage and fun to drive. The little motors are very durable. Mine is modded to the max and hers is almost completely stock. I bought mine new and it has 62,000 miles on it now. 41 mpg on the highway if I keep my foot out of it. There are several for sale on Facebook Marketplace that the owners can't get to start. They use the engine oil to operate small oil pumps that operate the intake valves. If they set without being started for say 3 to 4 weeks the little pumps can lose prime. There is a procedure on starting them that some people don't know about that aren't car people. There is an Abarth model in Stillwater that the kid can't get started. I've been watching his posting on it. The Abarths are turboed with 160 hp and are a blast to drive.View attachment 412370
Hmmmmm… aside from that, how are they reliability wise? Are they riddled with nanny systems?

I drove a base model when they first came out. My buddy’s wife rented one, so we used it for a beer run. I just remember sitting in there with my 6’5” 360lb ish buddy rocking the car thinking he could flip it sitting at the light. The guy on the Vespa next to us was laughing at us.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
An old Z car would fit the bill of a hatchback... :)

There is actually more room in most 2 seater convertibles than you would think, my Wife has driven one for almost 20 years, it's pretty remarkable what you can get in one. The tightest was the S2000, Z4 had a fair amount of trunk space. She's currently in a Boxster S, it has a trunk, and a frunk, lot's of space. Older Boxsters can be had for decent $$'s.
Z cars are actually one of my dream cars. I really want one one day. Also, that’s another car that has gone up stupid high the past 10-15 years. I have a serious weakness for 70s-80s Japanese cars.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
FB has some good deals on bugs if you're an aircooled fan. Every now and then older Fiats and Triumphs will pop up but not Minis so much.
Yeah, I do like those. There’s some crazy stuff that you can do to those cars engine wise too. That could fit the bill.

Latest posts

Top Bottom