Lennox HVAC Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So our outside AC unit is not runnIng this afternoon. I noticed it was quite warm in the house. Set A/C to 65 and it did not cool down. Warmish air through vents. Went outside and the fan on the outside unit was not running. turned off breaker for a bit and turned it back on. Fan making a noise but not turning and the motor seems HOT. I decided to shut off the breaker overnight and turn back on in the AM to see if the fan will run. The unit is clean. Not sure what else to try. I am afraid it is a 9-10 year old unit and has given up the ghost.
Any suggestions? Any A/C guys in the Tulsa area that you would recommend?
Thank you

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That would be my guess too. A simple test is when unit is on and making noise to use a stick or long screwdriver to flick the blades to spin in normal direction and if fan starts to run by itself it's the start capacitor. I planned on getting an extra one for mine but as soon as I tried to wipe dust from cap label all the writing disappeared. Now I'm looking up trying to figure out the size without the label. Doh!

Latest posts

Top Bottom