Lennox HVAC Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will try the fan blade test later this morning and see if it starts. If so, i will get one to replace it. Is turning off the AC breaker all I need to be concerned with?
pull the disconnect out at the unit - that will kill all power to that unit
mk a good note of what wires go to what pins before you pull them off - a pic with your phone helps too
any Lock supply will have the capacitors you need - take yours to the store with you

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
pull the disconnect out at the unit - that will kill all power to that unit
mk a good note of what wires go to what pins before you pull them off - a pic with your phone helps too
any Lock supply will have the capacitors you need - take yours to the store with you
also - a little preventive maintenance -- change the one on your fan also
cheaper to buy but just as big a problem
same deal - unplug at the unit before messing with it
there will only be 2 wires on this one and can attach either side

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will try the fan blade test later this morning and see if it starts. If so, i will get one to replace it. Is turning off the AC breaker all I need to be concerned with?
Make sure you discharge the capacitor before messing with the wires by grounding across posts with an insulated screwdriver after you killed power.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Almost certainly a capacitor failure. Seems mine had three in the control box. Took a picture for reference and removed all three and took them to a mechanical distributor. I think I walked out with all the replacements for under $25. It’s an easy job but if you’re not comfortable then just hire an HVAC company. They’ll have them on their truck and get you back in business.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In response to your Second question, AIR COMFORT SOLUTIONS has a very high rating, as well as the highest remarks

In response to your Second question, AIR COMFORT SOLUTIONS has a very high rating, as well as the highest remarks by customers.
thought they went out of business for ripping off Broken Arrow schools.

Rustytweezers

Wall building Ammunition hoarding Gun packing Okie
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s either the run capacitor or the contactor relay I had to replace the capacitor on ours last spring. Pretty common and less expensive than replacing motor to find out it was the capacitor. Good luck and be sure to ground out with across the terminals with a screwdriver before touching any of the terminals. It’ll light you up 😉

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom