I thought the progressive university BS wasn't in OK yet....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That land was then opened for settlement by the Boomers and Sooners alike.
The Boomers didn't necessarily settle any of the land. The Boomers were the ones who went around the country drumming up support for opening the "Unassigned Territories," so I guess you could make a case for them being the ones who stole the land.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OU didn't ban it. The imbeciles on the freshman council did, and not for anyone else. From the article linked above:

Freshmen eventually become seniors. As more 'woke' students adopt PC measures like this, you'll have an entire student body that fights to rename a team. Imbeciles now, but idiocracy will rule. The college will bend because they need them dollars to crawl out of their billion dollar hole.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Freshmen eventually become seniors. As more 'woke' students adopt PC measures like this, you'll have an entire student body that fights to rename a team. Imbeciles now, but idiocracy will rule. The college will bend because they need them dollars to crawl out of their billion dollar hole.
Yeah, but the students don’t pay that freight; alumni do. And the view from a senior’s seat is a lot different than the view from a six- or seven-figure alumnus’s corner office.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, but the students don’t pay that freight; alumni do. And the view from a senior’s seat is a lot different than the view from a six- or seven-figure alumnus’s corner office.

I hear what you're saying, but we've all also seen things flip upside down. Kids are stupid and modern kids believe they can bend others to their will. We've watched it happen time and time again. If there was one place in the state it could happen, OK's aspiring sanctuary city is it.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
The ones who screwed around and played second fiddle to the eager beavers became known as Pokes... Coincidence? I think not.

You mean the ones that followed the rules and had some integrity. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A little more pronoun info for you guys to ponder on:
https://www.uco.edu/president/personal-pronoun-use

First paragraph:
Just because a person goes by a certain set or sets of pronouns is not indicative of that person’s gender. A person could be transgender or not transgender (also called “cisgender”) and might share the pronouns they go by. A person could be a man or a woman or both or neither and share any number of these sets of pronouns as the correct ones to use for them, but which set they go by is not necessarily indicative of their gender, even though for most people there is an association between the pronouns they go by and the gender they are.

Latest posts

Top Bottom