I wactched Doomsday Preppers for he first time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
REAL reality TV ..................... and no doubt, the true survivors.

Well, he'd probably be the one that wound up on tv! :D I saw a documentary several years ago about the tunnel people in New York City. It followed several homeless people around for a few months and documented where and how they survived. One of them was a single mom with a couple of kids. Another was a veteran suffering from PTSD. And one was a guy who just gave up the rat race. Said he went to work for years and years and was always jealous of the guys he saw peering up from the grates under his feet ... It was really, really sad. Nothing romantic at all ... A really eye-opening show. Made me extremely grateful for what little I had at the time ...

870WingBlaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol that's the way it happens. I have a friend that have auditioned and actually appeared on some shooting shows. It was all pre arranged, and the producers introduce drama into the show to gain audience. My friend was beating the rest of them hands down, and the producers gave him a rifle that was not sighted in accurately, and he lost the challenge, eventually leading to his ejection from the show.

Its all BS

Top Shot?

870WingBlaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been kinda researching hydro/aqua-ponic systems for a little bit now because I wanted to use the stored heat from the water to keep my greenhouse warm in the winter. BUT ... the edge of the El Reno tornado blew my little greenhouse away, so I haven't had the chance to give this a try. I can tell you this ... if you are gonna use tilapia you are gonna have to make it an indoor system because tilapia cannot tolerate the cold. They will croak on you in a heartbeat ... But ... they are tasty and I've seen enough YouTube videos of indoor systems that I am positive it can be done. I just gotta start over and replace my greenhouse ... :(

This month it seems all our "excess" income went to guns and ammo ... which we promptly lost when we took that boat ride out on the lake ... :( I have horrible luck with greenhouses and guns, it seems ...

You didn't lose the Gold Cup in the lake......say it ain't so!!!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OMG. I haven't watched it in a while because the dumb was getting deep...but I switched it on last night and caught a little bit of the morbidly obese mouth breathing "marauder" with homemade armor. Holy hell....

And the Costa Rica guy; great overview of hydroponics but the biggest problem with his plan is living in Costa Rica....

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I liked the guy I saw last night that made a survival ride out of a school bus. Jethro Bodine couldn't have come up with a better ride.

I liked that too. But did you notice his cow catcher guard didn't hold up too well? Right after the impact you can see how it crumpled inward. I thought the cow guard was a bit of overkill.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL ... GC watched "Marvels, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." ... I was sound asleep ... Guess we'll watch it tonight ... In between my viggling ... I'm trying to get to 500,000 points so I can get a Kindle ... :naughty:

Latest posts

Top Bottom