I want an Air Rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panayoti

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The rugers are Chinese for sure. Sites are cheap/fragile. They are springers. I smoothed mine up by deburring and polishing the ends of the main spring. I also bought an rws side folder springer. Very nice wood better build quality. Mostly used for plinking. I rarely shoot it anymore new hood that I live in not conducive. Okcgc has air gun matches.
Pcp guns are more money with recharge tank and or compressor. Hand pumping one of those is ridiculous.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a scoped Beeman R9 break barrel. Awesome German made .177 cal. I have declared war on the pecan stealing squirrels here. Easy hit from my dining room window out to about 50 yds.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I want an Air Rifle. I have a squirrel and cat infestation at my house.

What do y’all recommend? I’ve never owned or shot an air rifle and don’t know what’s good or bad.

Give me your air rifle wisdom, OSA.
.22 cal subsonic rimfire with a can will produce only the click of the firing pin hitting the rim and the sound of the bullet hitting the cat. It's more than hollywood quiet.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For simple, effective, and fairly cheap I would look at a spring piston. I bought Decent one at
Wally world.for $100. A cross man I think, came with a scope, and shots great. The break in
Can take awhile, mine took about 100 rounds before.it got consistent. It will take out what
You want, and up to cats and armadillos with well placed shots

I lived in a neighborhood one time for a very short while. Squirrels and such did not stand a chance with one as you described! Had to be careful stinging dogs with it on how many pumps! LOL! The place had 3 huge Maple Trees in the backyard, it made the short time having neighbors bearable for the short time we lasted. LOL! Now I own a Dog that does not allow anything that consumes oxygen live in his domain!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a scoped Beeman R9 break barrel. Awesome German made .177 cal. I have declared war on the pecan stealing squirrels here. Easy hit from my dining room window out to about 50 yds.
I have a scoped R7. Made in West Germany, so it has some age to it. The build quality is better than a lot of centerfire rifles!

Catswithguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are rescues that will trap feral cats if you contact them. They will make barn cats out of them. Just a thought alternative to whacking them.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
There are rescues that will trap feral cats if you contact them. They will make barn cats out of them. Just a thought alternative to whacking them.
They need to come to my neighborhood. The local animal shelter used to loan out traps but they stopped doing that about 10 years ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom