I want help buying a new pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CZ 97 is a good one to take a look at.

[Broken External Image]

Man, I can't believe you posted this pic - I had all but kicked the desire to get one of these and now...

Damn, they look better in person too. I've always wanted one of these, but I'm out of the .45 game now, so I can probably resist easier.

udiablo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The pistols I carry most of the time are a Wilson CQB and a Colt that's had some work by Earl House and Wayne Novak.

Have used many, many, other pistols over the years, but for .45s these are my preference.

My hands-down favorite 9mm is a Browning Hi-Power.

Don't misunderstand me, I like plastic for .........., uh, let's see...........that plastic cover thingy on the paper diapers seems like a good application.

Whatever you decide on, get some good ammo and practice, practice, practice with it.

goodoleboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
May want to look at the S&W 3rd generation of Autoloaders (all stainless versions) in .45 will have a 45 designation 4566,4556, 4553 ect lots of variations from DAO to TDA models in S&W.The make TSW version with a Rail for a light, but it limits your holster options.. All stainless steel, excellent reliabilty and two grip otions one being straight as in the pics simiar to a 1911 and a more curved grip, they can be found for $350-$500 in used great condition.Ive owned almost all the 3rd gen type S&W's and none have had a single problem ever, I probably fired more rounds through the 3rd gen smiths that any other guns 10,000+..New these guns are $750+ guns due to stainless construction and workmanship, but look for LE trade in's as they were very popular from 80's to about a few years ago for LE depts until glock tookover.. The weight soaks up alot of recoil for followup shots and are a great value when looking at .45 calibers. The DAO only version would make a good CCW option for some. the 45 "53" designation is alloy frame. Standard sights are Novak 3 dot, but can be found orginally equiped with Adjutable sights, and night sights can be added.
awww.imfdb.org_images_thumb_a_a8_Sw_4516_2.jpg_400px_Sw_4516_2.jpg

awww.imfdb.org_images_thumb_c_c8_S_W4566side.jpg_450px_S_W4566side.jpg

[Broken External Image]

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, I can't believe you posted this pic - I had all but kicked the desire to get one of these and now...

Damn, they look better in person too. I've always wanted one of these, but I'm out of the .45 game now, so I can probably resist easier.

Resistance is futile....especially if you get your hands on one of the "B" (I believe) models that have a true manual safety, and therefore, can be carried "cocked and locked". Love mine.

penman53

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I love my Colt Lightweight Commander, and I also have a Kimber Ultra Compact II wich is sweet. Either one of those is really nice to have in your waistband. I will always love 1911 pistol variants.

A.J.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a Kimber Eclipse with a laser as my duty weapon, and I really like it. I also just got a S&W M&P .45 with a trigger job on it, and really like the way it shoots. It carries a 10 round magazine standard, but you can buy 14-rounders that just extend the grip down another inch or so. If you like a big gun, you might look at FN's big FNP-45. It's double/single action like a Sig, and you can even get it with a manual safety if you want to carry it like a 1911. What's nice about it, is it carries a standard 15 round .45 mag. It's relatively cheap (about $500), and it's made in the USA. If you don't recognize FN, they are the company that makes most of our military small arms now. It's Fabrique Nationale, or something like that.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I'm a sig fan myself (I absolutely freaking love my 229) I noticed that you already have the 220. I have to admit that the HK USPs are things of beauty and the only reason I didn't buy one over a sig was that it just didn't feel quite as good in my hands. Those Kimbers sure are beautiful weapons and may be the ticket for you if you want to stay in the 1k price range but if you have the cash some of the customs mentioned by earlier posters may be the way to go.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

:urwelcome: They come in different flavors such as 9, 40, 45, 22 :sunbath:

You know you want one. You need one......:rollingla:rollingla

Come to the darkside ez bake, we have ammo!

Latest posts

Top Bottom