Ice bucket challenge.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why all the bagging on it? So what if it's gone in a month? And it's obvious that at least some folks are making donations because ALS donations are up 700%. That's money doesn't do any less good because it wasn't given over the course of 7 years. I hope it is gone in a month and some other silly video takes it's place to generate millions of dollars for lupus research and the next month MS and so on for as long as it takes to actually start curing some diseases.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys and gals can't argue with the results. It has literally raised over 20 million in one week. Who cares if some people are not donating or doing it right. As someone else said this is social media at it's best.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most recent update on alsa.org says $31.5 million donated compared to $1.9 million during the same time period last year. (July 29th to August 20th)

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most recent update on alsa.org says $31.5 million donated compared to $1.9 million during the same time period last year. (July 29th to August 20th)

Can't argue with that success...makes it easier to swallow the twits screwing it up.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A good friend just lost his wife a week ago to ALS. We are planning a challenge with my employees but instead of the traditional donate or get ice bucket I am donating for each one that does it. Fad or not my buddy went through a hard two years with his wife. Couldn't imagine going through what he did.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Local pastor here in B'ville recently diagnosed with ALS, I think he's... 27? Not good. Horrible disease, good cause, good for them on raising the money to help.

Latest posts

Top Bottom