Ideas on how to carry extra rounds with shotgun for home?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use the Esstac Velcro cards. Typically with a shotgun or most any gun, you’re going to fight with what is in or on the gun in a defensive scenario.
This plus a butt cuff gives me an extra 12 rounds on the gun, plus the 9 in the gun. Shot cards also fit nicely into M4 magazine pouches.

87edz4G.jpg

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the elastic will loosen over time , since the shells are in it ,but the all plastic side saddle ones will retain the shells just fine.. those buttstock shell holders always try to rip off the side of my face , havent found a smooth one yet that doesnt hurt,,some shotguns you can get a speed feed stock that holds 2 round on each side of stock,mine worked great on my moss 590..worst idea is a sling elastic shell holder, those things pull gun off target due to weight of ammo.get a top quaility bandolier,they do make them all leather,to put over you non shooting shoulder,, you can put different types of loads in one. buckshot, soft slug or even a barrier penetrating type slug in it.

Last edited:

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
worst idea ,,post #13,, ammo weight unbalances gun , and can pull gun off target.as it swings around loose.none of my HD long guns have a sling, you dont need that sling catching on something or interfering with your weak hand holding and aiming or reloading(pumping)your long gun during a HD situation, slings are for field carry..u dont need one inside or around the house..

Latest posts

Top Bottom